Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract start/end times from log file to CSV file? Post 302926313 by Igal Malka on Sunday 23rd of November 2014 07:25:43 AM
Old 11-23-2014
That would do the job

Enjoy...

Code:
#!/bin/bash

numOfRecords=0
prevDay=`head -1 log.txt| awk '{print $1}'`
startTime=`head -1 log.txt| awk '{print $2}'`
endTime=$startTime
while read data
do
        curDay=`echo $data | awk '{print $1}'`
        if [[ $curDay != $prevDay ]]
        then
        echo $prevDay,$startTime,$endTime,$numOfRecords
                startTime=`echo $data | awk '{print $2}'`
                numOfRecords=1
        else
                numOfRecords=$((numOfRecords+1))
                endTime=`echo $data | awk '{print $2}'`
        fi
        prevDay=$curDay
done<log.txt
echo $prevDay,$startTime,$endTime,$numOfRecords

Last edited by Franklin52; 11-23-2014 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags, thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start and End times of background processes

Hi I'm running 4 jobs in the background and I need to write the start and end times to a log file. I know there's probably a simple way to do this but, I can't think of it. I've used nohup <script name> & but, that doesn't record the times. Is there a way to get the start and end times of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a particular start and end pattern from a line

hi In the foll example the whole text in a single line.... i want to extract text from IPTel to RTCPBase.h. want to use this acrooss the whole file Updated: IPTel\platform\core\include\RTCPBase.h \main\MWS2051_Sablime_Int\1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish205
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract a specific number from an XML file based on the start and end tags

Hello People, I have the following contents in an XML file ........... ........... .......... ........... <Details = "Sample Details"> <Name>Bob</Name> <Age>34</Age> <Address>CA</Address> <ContactNumber>1234</ContactNumber> </Details> ........... ............. .............. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushant172
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I specifiy the start and end times manually

Hi I have a ksh script which fetches data from a db using a number of .arc files and creates CSV files for them and puts them on the server. Question is, can I specifiy the start and stop times manually and run the script manually to fetch data for a certain period? # Get the current... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajju
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I specifiy the start and end times manually

Hi I have a ksh script which fetches data from a db using a number of .arc files and creates CSV files for them and puts them on the server. Question is, how can I specifiy the start and stop times specifically so that data is fetched for a certain period? # Get the current time as the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shajju
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from an XML file & write into a CSV file

Hi All, I am having an XML tag like: <detail sim_ser_no_1="898407109001000090" imsi_1="452070001000090"> <security>ADM1=????</security> <security>PIN1=????</security> <security>PIN2=????</security> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use grep sed or awk to extract string from log file and put into CSV

I'd like to copy strings from a log file and put them into a CSV. The strings could be on different line numbers, depending on size of log. Example Log File: File = foo.bat Date = 11/11/11 User = Foo Bar Size = 1024 ... CSV should look like: "foo.bat","11/11/11","Foo Bar","1024" (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract regions of file based on start and end position

Hi, I have a file1 of many long sequences, each preceded by a unique header line. file2 is 3-columns list: headers name, start position, end position. I'd like to extract the sequence region of file1 specified in file2. Based on a post elsewhere, I found the code: awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from XML file and write in CSV file

Hi friend i have input as following XML file <?xml version="1.0"?> <Document xmlns="urn:iso:std:iso:20022:tech:xsd:camt.054.001.02"> <BkToCstmrDbtCdtNtfctn> <GrpHdr><MsgId>LBP-RDJ-TE000000-130042430010001001</MsgId><CreDtTm>2013-01-04T03:21:30</CreDtTm></GrpHdr>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan sharma
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file by start and end row.

I have a file which looks something as following, I would like to split to several files, The start and end of each file is 'FILE' and end with 'ASCII... ' . At the same time for each file in the first column add 100 and also second column add 100 the rest of the column as it is , see example of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tk2000
2 Replies
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)

NAME
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess - Text::CSV::Encoded coder class using Encode::Guess SYNOPSIS
use Text::CSV::Encoded coder_class => 'Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess'; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; my $csv = Text::CSV::Encoded->new(); $csv->encoding( ['ucs2', 'ascii'] ); # guessing ucs2 or ascii? $csv->encoding_to_combine('shiftjis'); my $excel = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook->Parse( $file ); my $sheet = $excel->{Worksheet}->[0]; for my $row ( $sheet->{MinRow} .. $sheet->{MaxRow} ) { my @fields; for my $col ( $sheet->{MinCol} .. $sheet->{MaxCol} ) { my $cell = $sheet->{Cells}[$row][$col]; push @fields, $cell->{Val}; } $csv->combine( @fields ) or die; print $csv->string, " "; } DESCRIPTION
This module is inherited from Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. USE
Except for 2 attributes, same as Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. encoding_in $csv = $csv->encoding_in( $encoding_list_ref ); The accessor to an encoding for pre-parsing CSV strings. If no encoding is given, returns current $encoding, otherwise the object itself. $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding_in() When you pass a list reference, it might guess the encoding from the given list. $csv->encoding_in( ['shiftjis', 'euc-jp', 'iso-20022-jp'] ); If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. encoding $csv = $csv->encoding( $encoding_list_ref ); $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding(); You can pass a list reference to this attribute only: * For list data consumed by combine(). * For list reference returned by getline(). In other word, in "combine" and "print", it might guess an encoding for the passing list data. If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. SEE ALSO
Encode, Encode::Guess AUTHOR
Makamaka Hannyaharamitu, <makamaka[at]cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2010 by Makamaka Hannyaharamitu This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-04-26 Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)