Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to regain the focus back to the launch window? Post 302926248 by achenle on Saturday 22nd of November 2014 08:21:13 AM
Old 11-22-2014
Don't close the xterm that already has focus.

Write a shell script that traps CTRL-C that kills and restarts afplay without the shell itself quitting. Then use that as the shell xterm starts with.

Of course, then the problem is how to kill the window...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

memory regain

When i first restart my computer memory usage is at 24% as the days months and evening pass it gets up to 80% and holds there sometime breaching 98%. Is there an command to regain the memory? Redhat 8 768 mb ram (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
6 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Script to launch terminal window?

Hi, I am a newbie here. Trying to find a way of writing a script to launch multiple terminal or console windows on solaris 9. I used to be able to do this using cmdtool on older versions of solaris and it was even possible to configure the size and screen position of the window and the title. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omerta
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Exiting while true loop when terminal is not the focus window

I am running an Ubuntu Gutsy laptop with Advanced Compiz fusion options enabled. I am using xdotool to simulate keyboard input in order to rotate through multiple desktops. I am looking for a way to kill a while true loop when the Enter key (or Control+C if it is easier) is pushed when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acclaypool
2 Replies

5. Programming

Proximity-card reader: no data when app window out of focus

Hello. I can't get it work :( My application receives data from em-marin reader only being active. Switching to another app makes the port become silent. MarinReader works in another thread. Port reading is going while the app is inactive (tested). Env: Ubuntu 9.04, Gnome, Qt (i've tryed pure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dp0H
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you close and launch X Window in the Bash shell?

What is the Unix command(s) to close the X Window in the Bash shell to get me into text mode. Also need the command to relaunch it from the text mode. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacatone
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to launch a KDE Konsole window with multiple tabs

Gents, I found this script to to launch a KDE Konsole window with multiple tabs.. #!/bin/bash # # Create my standard konsole windows. if ]; then profile=Shell fi sessions=( sh1 $profile 'clear; bash' sh1 $profile 'clear; bash' su1 $profile 'clear; su'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
tk_focusNext(n) 					       Tk Built-In Commands						   tk_focusNext(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tk_focusNext, tk_focusPrev, tk_focusFollowsMouse - Utility procedures for managing the input focus. SYNOPSIS
tk_focusNext window tk_focusPrev window tk_focusFollowsMouse _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
tk_focusNext is a utility procedure used for keyboard traversal. It returns the "next" window after window in focus order. The focus order is determined by the stacking order of windows and the structure of the window hierarchy. Among siblings, the focus order is the same as the stacking order, with the lowest window being first. If a window has children, the window is visited first, followed by its children (recursively), followed by its next sibling. Top-level windows other than window are skipped, so that tk_focusNext never returns a window in a different top-level from window. After computing the next window, tk_focusNext examines the window's -takefocus option to see whether it should be skipped. If so, tk_focusNext continues on to the next window in the focus order, until it eventually finds a window that will accept the focus or returns back to window. tk_focusPrev is similar to tk_focusNext except that it returns the window just before window in the focus order. tk_focusFollowsMouse changes the focus model for the application to an implicit one where the window under the mouse gets the focus. After this procedure is called, whenever the mouse enters a window Tk will automatically give it the input focus. The focus command may be used to move the focus to a window other than the one under the mouse, but as soon as the mouse moves into a new window the focus will jump to that window. Note: at present there is no built-in support for returning the application to an explicit focus model; to do this you will have to write a script that deletes the bindings created by tk_focusFollowsMouse. KEYWORDS
focus, keyboard traversal, top-level Tk 4.0 tk_focusNext(n)