Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Creating AIX LV VG and JFS2 issues? Post 302926080 by bakunin on Friday 21st of November 2014 02:35:29 AM
Old 11-21-2014
I suppose you fell for a very simple thing, but at one point this happened perhaps to all of us. As fas as i can tell from your posted output you are using SMIT to create the LVs and FSes.

In the respective SMIT dialogue there are two entries:

Code:
                                      Enhanced Journaled File Systems

Move cursor to desired item and press Enter.

Add an Enhanced Journaled File System
  Add an Enhanced Journaled File System on a Previously Defined Logical Volume

Note that you need to use the second option when you have defined the LV already. Otherwise a new one will be created before a FS is created on it. This is perhaps where your error comes from.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jfs (jfs2) for AIX versus Veritas

Hi there, Can anyone tell me the advantages that jfs has over Veritas (if any)?? Cheers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich
5 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.3 Issues

We are planning to move to AIX 5.3 and we would like to know if someone has had any 'bad' experiences with it. We have a 32PE p690 Regatta and currently we are running the latest AIX 5.2 with the latest patches. Has anyone any interesting points to mention when transitioning to AXI 5.3? Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miket
1 Replies

3. AIX

(URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3

Hi Every body, I created Volume Group & FileSystem of type JFS2 with size 1.3 TB on AIX 5.2. I want to import this VG on another system AIX 4.3. It is imported successfully & I can varyon the VG but unfourtantly I couldn't mount the FileSystem. Is it possible to mount a JFS2 FileSystem on AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 using jfs2 file system

We are using AIX 5.2 using jfs2 almost all excpt one mount. Is it possible for a non root user id to mount one file system without journaling turned on, perform some activities and then remount (un-mount and mount) the same file system again. Please advise if this is possible Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX-specific memory issues?

Hi, Does anyone here write cross-platform applications to be run on different Unix variants? For some reason, an application I'm working with, when being run on machines with similar specifications, I run into "cannot allocate" errors (St9bad_alloc) on AIX but not on other platforms. Is it a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfier
8 Replies

6. AIX

AIX filter Issues

Hi, I want to print from AIX 5.3/6.1 using 'pr' preprocessing filter and 'PCL' print file type. Steps: 1. Smitty 2. Print Spooling 3. Create a print queue(remote->Generic) 4. change the attributes for that print queue. 5. Change print file type to PCL and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX JFS2 content

Hello! I have a LPAR with 51GB RAM topas shows 21% of memory for client pages (~11Gb) svmon -G show 2906772 client pages in use (~11Gb) but then i try to investigate per process client memory usage svmon -P -O filtertype=client and summarize inuse column, i get only 347880 pages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sys
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 6.1 Memory Performance issues

Good Day Everyone, Just wonder anyone has encounter AIX 6.1 Memory Performance issues ? What I have in my current scenario is we have 3 datastage servers (Segregate server and EE jobs - for those who know Datastage achitect) and 2 db servers(running HA to load balance 4 nodes partitions for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to fix the CPU bound issues on AIX?

Hi All, Can you please answer my question. i see lot of CPU utilization on AIX LPARs. i am able to find the cause of the probelm. But i do not know how to mitigate or fix the problem. for instance, i found the process which is consuming most of CPU. i informed the responsible team. how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
7 Replies

10. AIX

Has anyone created JFS2 file system on a USB drive attached to AIX server?

We have an IBM Power 710. It has a USB port on the front. I have done some searching and see that there is information out there on how to create a JFS2 file system on USB drives. A few have commented that they would not recommend it, if the server is important, may crash the server... Just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbenedi
0 Replies
Audio::File(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Audio::File(3pm)

NAME
Audio::File - Audio file abstraction library SYNOPSIS
use Audio::File; my $file = Audio::File->new( "foo.bar" ); print "The ". $file->type() ."-file ". $file->name ." is ". int $file->audio_properties->length() ." seconds long. "; print "It's interpreted by ". $file->tag->artist() ." and called ". $file->tag->title() ". "; DESCRIPTION
Audio::File abstracts a single audio file, independant of its format. Using this module you can access a files meta-info like title, album, etc. as well as the files audio-properties like its length and bitrate. Currently only the formats flac, ogg vorbis and mp3 are supported, but support for other formats may be easily added. METHODS
new $file = Audio::File->new( "foobar.flac" ); Constructor. It takes the filename of the your audio file as its only argument and returns an instance of Audio::File::${Type} if the corresponding file type is supported. The file type will be determined using the file extension. Currently flac, ogg and mp3 are supported but new formats may be added easily by creating a Audio::File::${Type} that inherits from Audio::File::Type, which is the base class for all file type classes. The methods and behaviour of the returned are documented in Audio::File::Type. TODO
o Add possibility to change file and its tags. o better (easier) interface? o user shouldn't be forced to use Audio::File if he only want's the files tag or audio properties. o Add possibility to access raw audio data (Audio::File::Data) That could be done via Audio::Data or equivalent. SEE ALSO
Audio::File::Type, Audio::File::Tag, Audio::File::AudioProperties AUTHOR
Florian Ragwitz <flora@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004 Florian Ragwitz This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Library General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. perl v5.10.0 2009-08-09 Audio::File(3pm)