Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the file created on current date Post 302925956 by ace_friends22 on Thursday 20th of November 2014 11:55:37 AM
Old 11-20-2014
Hi Corona688,

Let's say if i am executing the process on 11/20/2014 at 3:00 PM.

On next day (11/21), if i execute the same process on 11:00 AM, it will assume the file is of today (as it is yet to pass 24 hours) and it will come out from the process.

But if you see, the date has been changed. so even if process creates file on 23:58 and next time i run on 00:05, it should continue the process, rather than exiting it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to FTP all newly created but the current open file?

An application running on HP-UX constantly generates new text log files ( I think using logpipe ). Any new file created requires to be ftp'ed to an offline server, however I want to make sure that the current file being written should not be transferred. For examples consider the following files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianya
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find created date of file in UNIX

I need to write a script which has to list all the files which are created before six months from now. kindly help on this ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find folder size with created date

hi, please give me adivse .how to find the folder size with created created date . eg: i have directore and in that sub directoties and so on.. /home/mud/abc/dcb/ for this i want output like this path size date -------------------------------------------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muddasani
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a date which is 7 days past when given current date

hii all. I have to get the date of the 7th day past from the current date. if i give the current date as sep 3 then i must get the date as 27th of august. can we get the values from the "cal" command. cal | awk '{print $2}' will this type of command work. actually my need is if today is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladtony
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the create time of a file if current date is in next month

Hi All, I want to find the time diffrence between currnt time and "abc.txt" file create time. I have solve that but if the abc.txt file created last month then is there any process to find the difftent? Exp: Create time of abc.txt is "Apr 14 06:48" and currect date is "May 17 23:47".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyankak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find first created file date in YYYYMMDD format

Hi All, We are copying all the files into ARCHIVE directory after we process them. We are doing this process from last 2 years, now we have a lot of files in ARCHIVE directory. Now I need to find when the first file is copied into this directory? If I Issue, ls -l /ARCHIVE/*.* | tail -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to find the date on which a particular directory is created?

how to find the date on which a particular directory is created? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find big file include current date

Hi, I want to put script. The script is to show file that larger than 100MB include current date (eg: today date). After find the date, it will compress list file and split the tar.gz file. Any idea how to do that? This bash script will run auto everyday. It's will transfer will to other... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check current date file is created and with >0 kb or not for multiple directories

Hi All, I am new in scripting and working in a project where we have RSyslog servers over CentOS v7 and more than 200 network devices are sending logs to each RSyslog servers. For each network devices individual folders create on the name of the each network devices IP addresses.The main... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinaki
7 Replies
gtkcookie(1)						      General Commands Manual						      gtkcookie(1)

NAME
gtkcookie - edit Netscape cookie file SYNOPSIS
gtkcookie [ Gtk options ] DESCRIPTION
Options gtkcookie supports the command flags common to all Gtk applications. There are no gtkcookie-specific flags. What happens at startup On startup, gtkcookie will try to find your Netscape cookie file by looking for ~/.netscape/cookies. If ~/.netscape/cookies is found, gtk- cookie will load the file and show it in a multi-column list. Opening a cookie file Regardless of whether gtkcookie finds your cookie file, or you have to open it manually, when you open the file, all of your Netscape cook- ies are displayed in whatever order Netscape wrote them into the file. Sorting a cookie file You can sort the cookies by any column by clicking on the heading for that column. Human-readable dates The final column is actually not stored in your cookie file, but is a translation of Netscape's native date field. Netscape stores the date as the number of seconds since 1 Jan 1970 (familiar to anyone who's spent any time on Unix), but gtkcookie translates those dates into human-readable expiry dates in the final column. Editing cookies To edit a cookie, double-click on the cookie, and a cookie edit dialogue will pop up. You'll notice that the date, in seconds since the epoch (the epoch is 1 Jan 1970), is not an editable field, whereas the human-readable date is. Follow the format presented in the edit dia- logue box, and as you edit the human-readable date, the expiry date in seconds since the epoch will update itself. Please note (as repeated in the bugs section below) that although dates later than 2038 are supposed to present problems, (you'll see the date in seconds since the epoch become -1) dates on or after 2036 seem to present problems. I'm still looking into this. Searching for text strings Under the Edit menu, select Find. Type in a string or substring that you wish to find, and press the Find button. If the string or sub- string is found anywhere in a cookie, that cookie will become selected, and the view will scroll to that cookie, if necessary. Pressing Find again will search for the next instance, or pop up a "not found" dialogue box if the string wasn't found. In its current version, gtk- cookie isn't yet smart enough to re-start a search from the top of the cookie list, so if you need to search from the top, hightlight the first cookie, and then do your search. Deleting cookies Right click on a cookie, and select "Delete" from the popup menu, or click on the cookie and press "Del" on your keyboard. Creating cookies Press the "Create Cookie" button. A cookie with dummy values will be added to the cookie list, and the "Edit Cookie" dialogue box will pop up so that you can edit the new cookie to your liking. Note that even if you press "Cancel" immediately after creating a new cookie, the new cookie, with its dummy values, will still be in the list. You'll have to delete the cookie manually. FILES
~/.netscape/cookies The Netscape cookie file in your home directory SEE ALSO
None NOTES
None AUTHOR
Manni Wood: mwood@sig.bsh.com or pq1036@110.net BUGS
1. The "Edit Cookie" dialogue has problems with on-the-fly conversion of human-readable dates to the number of seconds since the epoch for dates later than 2036. For some reason, despite the fact that the date is supposed to overflow in 2038, the C function strptime flubs up the conversion for dates larger than 1036. Unfortunately, this means that when you edit a cookie whose expiry date is after 2036, the edit dialogue box shows the number of seconds since the epoch as -1. There is currently no workaround to this problem, besides moving the date back 2 years. 2. Although the "find" feature is supposed to always highlight and scroll to any found item, sometimes, the item becomes highlighted, but is outside the current view. 3. The file open and save dialogues don't show directories beginning with a dot (such as .netscape!) but typing such directory names manu- ally will work. 4. Double-clicking in the scroll bar will pop up the "Edit Cookie" dialogue box for the currently highlighted cookie. 5. Editing the cookie file while Netscape is running is futile, because Netscape will re-write the cookie file when you exit Netscape, based on what's in its memory, not what's in the cookie file. A popup menu in my programme warns you of a running netscape... unless you're running Netscape 4.5. Netscape 4.5 doesn't seem to create the same lock file that earlier Netscapes used to. October 1998 gtkcookie(1)