Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Moving filesystems into LVM - query. Post 302925921 by Peasant on Thursday 20th of November 2014 07:58:43 AM
Old 11-20-2014
I have recently moved a 2 TB database on HPUX with pvmove from one storage to another.

This was being done lun per lun.

It was done during the day (night is peak in this enviroment), everything went fine with no issues whatsoever.

This is probably due to everything being done on 8G FC network and high end storage with alot of cache.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystems

my partner change the server's ip address and now i can't to mount the oracle's filesystem, what i do? i don't want to reinstall Unix. My unix is SCO UNIX 5.0.5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marun
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems GT 95%

Hi How can I only print the file systems that are more than 95% full. I used the df -k output and tried to check for each file system and then print only the ones that meet the criteria... But my solution seems cloodgie ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: YS2002
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems using more than 75% capacity

i need to write a shell script for printing the list of filesystems whose disk utilization is more than 75%...i tried using df -h along with awk but cud'nt make the combination work.....:wall: when we do df -h then the filesystems which are using more than 75% capacity shud be printed according to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filesystems > 70%

I need a scrip that will show me the filesystems that are greater than 70%...but not sure how to filter using the df -h | grep Thank you for your help!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

10. AIX

FileSystems under HACMP

Dear Fellows, I'm now working under a HACMP Cluster (version 7.1) with 2 nodes (Node1 active / Node2 passive), and 1 Resource Group on active node (Node1), which is UNMANAGED for boths nodes. So, all VG Data are on Node1. Then I had a JFS2 FileSystem full (located on one of these VG Data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoLo92
8 Replies
VGSCAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 VGSCAN(8)

NAME
vgscan - scan all disks for volume groups and rebuild caches SYNOPSIS
vgscan [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--mknodes] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
vgscan scans all SCSI, (E)IDE disks, multiple devices and a bunch of other disk devices in the system looking for LVM physical volumes and volume groups. Define a filter in lvm.conf(5) to restrict the scan to avoid a CD ROM, for example. In LVM2, vgscans take place automatically; but you might still need to run one explicitly after changing hardware. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. --mknodes Also checks the LVM special files in /dev that are needed for active logical volumes and creates any missing ones and removes unused ones. --cache Scan devices for LVM physical volumes and volume groups and instruct the lvmetad daemon to update its cached state accordingly. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8), vgchange(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.105(2)-RHEL7 (2014-03-26) VGSCAN(8)