Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Moving filesystems into LVM - query. Post 302925917 by gull04 on Thursday 20th of November 2014 07:03:50 AM
Old 11-20-2014
Hi Peasant,

I understand where you are comming from on this, but for relocating/moving/virtualising systems there are much more appropriate ways of doing it! On this job I've personally relocated more than 100 servers, the previous job it was almost 1000 as part of a team. The only outage suffered was on the legacy equipment that had to move data centres (lift and shift).

My preferred tools are TDMF and DRBD, both of which allow move/relocate function without any significant outages. Using LVM mirroring does make things easier in this context, but trying to mirror a multi Tb Oracle DB accross a WAN is problematic and in my experience custom tools do a better job.

Regards

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystems

my partner change the server's ip address and now i can't to mount the oracle's filesystem, what i do? i don't want to reinstall Unix. My unix is SCO UNIX 5.0.5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marun
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems GT 95%

Hi How can I only print the file systems that are more than 95% full. I used the df -k output and tried to check for each file system and then print only the ones that meet the criteria... But my solution seems cloodgie ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: YS2002
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems using more than 75% capacity

i need to write a shell script for printing the list of filesystems whose disk utilization is more than 75%...i tried using df -h along with awk but cud'nt make the combination work.....:wall: when we do df -h then the filesystems which are using more than 75% capacity shud be printed according to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

filesystems > 70%

I need a scrip that will show me the filesystems that are greater than 70%...but not sure how to filter using the df -h | grep Thank you for your help!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

10. AIX

FileSystems under HACMP

Dear Fellows, I'm now working under a HACMP Cluster (version 7.1) with 2 nodes (Node1 active / Node2 passive), and 1 Resource Group on active node (Node1), which is UNMANAGED for boths nodes. So, all VG Data are on Node1. Then I had a JFS2 FileSystem full (located on one of these VG Data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoLo92
8 Replies
PSERVER(1)							      pserver								PSERVER(1)

NAME
pserver - NetWare print server SYNOPSIS
pserver [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job type ] [ -t timeout ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
pserver is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and feeds incoming print jobs to the Linux printing system. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command When a job is received from the print queue, pserver forks off a new process, and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is executed for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job type Each job in a NetWare print queue has a job type. For print jobs, this corresponds to the number of the form the job should be printed on. You can tell pserver that it should only receive jobs for one specific form from the queue. The default is -1, which means that everything is received. -t timeout Pserver is not informed by NetWare servers when new jobs arrive. So a polling scheme has to be used. When there are no jobs to service, timeout tells pserver how long to wait between two requests. The default is 30 seconds. When a job is finished, pserver asks the NetWare server immediately for a new job, and does not wait timeout seconds. -d Normally, pserver daemonizes itself. -d tells it not to do so. This is useful if you want to see the diagnostic messages that are printed when a error occurs. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pserver was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pserver 10/22/1996 PSERVER(1)