Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications SAP & DB2 Process Monitoring Parameters Post 302925879 by marunmeera on Thursday 20th of November 2014 12:19:13 AM
Old 11-20-2014
Thanks Bakunin for your reply.

We were using a performance monitoring tool, my query is what are the parameters (Services or Process) need to configure on monitoring to capture the instance like shutdown, restart or halt status of SAP & DB2.

Hope I clarified in depth.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

alias & parameters

We just recently moved from a DG-UX (Unix V) to HP 9000 servers running POSIX. I used the c-shell in the DG-UX system mainly because the bourne-shell did not support aliasing. Now in the default posix-shell of HP aliasing is supported. The main difference seams to be that in a c-shell you can pass... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

2. AIX

DB2 Monitoring

Hi everyone. I am currently looking for a monitor to monitor my DB2 UDB database, which runs on AIX 5.3. Does anyone here use any good ones or has anyone heard of any good ones? I especially need to monitor which applications run at any given time, so that I am able to ballance the workload... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprellari
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2 stored procedure (with input parameters) from script

I have a db2 stored procedure on my database which require 3 parameters, I have the following db2 command in a sql script CONNECT TO SAMPLE; CALL BACKUP(INPUT_1, INPUT_2, INPUT3); Usually, I would just invoke this sql script from my shell script like below db2 -tf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

process monitoring

hi all, i would like to write the shell script to monitoring the processing, but if i passing the parameter the number of process is incorrect how to slove it? many thx got the correct number of process as following script: ===========================================================... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
3 Replies

5. AIX

Aix hacmp cluster question (oracle & sap)

Hello, I was wondering if I have 3 nodes (A, B, C) all configured to startup with HACMP, but I would like to configure HACMP in such a way: 1) Node B should startup first. After the cluster successfully starts up and mounts all the filesystems, then 2) Node A, and Node C should startup ! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX & DB2 paging issues

AIX & DB2 paging issues Hello I needs some help on AIX & DB2 paging issues. Recently a db2 query caused paging issues which then lead to memory problems and a server restart. Is there anyway of finding out what db2 queries were causing the problem.. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nedkao
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with a process monitoring script

GM everyone, I have this script that goes to multiple servers and monitor a certain process and send the output to a file on servers1, the script looks like this exec < server.list while read SERVER do ssh $SERVER "ps -ef | grep process_name" >> /tmp/report done can someone help ad... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baders
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies
PDO_ODBC-DSN(3) 							 1							   PDO_ODBC-DSN(3)

PDO_ODBC DSN - Connecting to ODBC or DB2 databases

The PDO_ODBC Data Source Name (DSN) is composed of the following elements:

o DSN prefix
		-  The	DSN  prefix is odbc:. If you are connecting to a database cataloged in the ODBC driver manager or the DB2 catalog, you can
		append the cataloged name of the database to the DSN.

o DSN
		- The name of the database as cataloged in the ODBC driver manager or the DB2 catalog. Alternately, you  can  provide  a  complete
		ODBC connection string to connect to a database as described at http://www.connectionstrings.com/.

o UID  -	The  name  of the user for the connection. If you specify the user name in the DSN, PDO ignores the value of the user name
		argument in the PDO constructor.

o PWD - The password of the user for the connection. If you specify the password in the DSN, PDO ignores the value of  the  password
		argument in the PDO constructor.

Example #1

PDO_ODBC DSN example (ODBC driver manager)

The following example shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to an ODBC database cataloged as testdb in the ODBC driver manager:

odbc:testdb

Example #2

PDO_ODBC DSN example (IBM DB2 uncataloged connection)

The following example shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to an IBM DB2 database named SAMPLE using the full ODBC DSN syntax:

odbc:DRIVER={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER};HOSTNAME=localhost;PORT=50000;DATABASE=SAMPLE;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;UID=db2inst1;PWD=ibmdb2;

Example #3

PDO_ODBC DSN example (Microsoft Access uncataloged connection)

The  following  example	shows a PDO_ODBC DSN for connecting to a Microsoft Access database stored at C:db.mdb using the full ODBC
	      DSN syntax:

odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\db.mdb;Uid=Admin

PHP Documentation Group 													   PDO_ODBC-DSN(3)