Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications SAP & DB2 Process Monitoring Parameters Post 302925870 by bakunin on Wednesday 19th of November 2014 08:43:33 PM
Old 11-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by marunmeera
What are the parameters ((i.e., Process & Services) need to monitor for SAP & DB2 to capture shutdown, restart & Halt status of those applications.

Please suggest the best practices.

Ex: SAPSTART for SAP & DP2SYS for DB2
What do you mean by "capture shutdown, restart & Halt status"? It is realatively easy to find out if SAP is running or not, but to find out in which state the running software is you would need access to ot (via SAPGui, Web dispatcher or similar means). This might - depending on what you want to monitor exactly - not be feasible within a script.

Similar for DB/2. A look into the process list with "ps" tells you if DB/2 is started or not, but to tell if it is running normally or if only the dabase manager is started for a TSM backup or .... you will need to access the DB software itself.

So please specify what exactly you want to know and which means to find out you have at your disposal. Further, tell a bit more detail about your SAP instance: do you have an ABAP instance only, a JAVA stack too and, if the latter is the case, a web dispatcher instance on top?

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

alias & parameters

We just recently moved from a DG-UX (Unix V) to HP 9000 servers running POSIX. I used the c-shell in the DG-UX system mainly because the bourne-shell did not support aliasing. Now in the default posix-shell of HP aliasing is supported. The main difference seams to be that in a c-shell you can pass... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

2. AIX

DB2 Monitoring

Hi everyone. I am currently looking for a monitor to monitor my DB2 UDB database, which runs on AIX 5.3. Does anyone here use any good ones or has anyone heard of any good ones? I especially need to monitor which applications run at any given time, so that I am able to ballance the workload... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprellari
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2 stored procedure (with input parameters) from script

I have a db2 stored procedure on my database which require 3 parameters, I have the following db2 command in a sql script CONNECT TO SAMPLE; CALL BACKUP(INPUT_1, INPUT_2, INPUT3); Usually, I would just invoke this sql script from my shell script like below db2 -tf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

process monitoring

hi all, i would like to write the shell script to monitoring the processing, but if i passing the parameter the number of process is incorrect how to slove it? many thx got the correct number of process as following script: ===========================================================... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
3 Replies

5. AIX

Aix hacmp cluster question (oracle & sap)

Hello, I was wondering if I have 3 nodes (A, B, C) all configured to startup with HACMP, but I would like to configure HACMP in such a way: 1) Node B should startup first. After the cluster successfully starts up and mounts all the filesystems, then 2) Node A, and Node C should startup ! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX & DB2 paging issues

AIX & DB2 paging issues Hello I needs some help on AIX & DB2 paging issues. Recently a db2 query caused paging issues which then lead to memory problems and a server restart. Is there anyway of finding out what db2 queries were causing the problem.. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nedkao
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with a process monitoring script

GM everyone, I have this script that goes to multiple servers and monitor a certain process and send the output to a file on servers1, the script looks like this exec < server.list while read SERVER do ssh $SERVER "ps -ef | grep process_name" >> /tmp/report done can someone help ad... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baders
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies
asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				     asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-restart-instance, restart-instance - restarts the specified server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
restart-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the restart-instance to restart the instance with the instance name specified. The restart-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To restart remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. Additionally, the instance must already exist within the domain served by the administration server, and the instance must be running. The restart-instance command is not supported on Windows. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be restarted. Example 1: Using restart-instance in local mode asadmin> restart-instance --local --domain domain1 server1 Instance server1 started Where: server1 is the name of the instance restarted on the domain1 domain. Example 2: Using restart-instance in remote mode asadmin> restart-instance --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 started Where: server1 is the name of the instance restarted. The restarted instance is associated with the user, password, host, and port number specified. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)