Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Perl regex problem on strings with several occurences of one char Post 302925775 by Fundix on Wednesday 19th of November 2014 09:37:21 AM
Old 11-19-2014
Great, THANK YOU Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting occurences of different strings in a file

Hi, i'd like to know if the following is possible with a shell script, and can't find the answer in the search. Suppose i have a logfile build like this: # 8 :riuyzp1028 # 38 : riuyzp1028 # 25 : riuyvzp1032 # 30 : nlkljpa0202 # 1 : nlklja0205 # 38 : riuyzp1028 # 25 :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freerider
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Count occurences

I have enclosed the script. I am able to find the files that contain my search string but when I try to count the occurences within the file I get zero always. Any help on this. #!/usr/bin/perl my $find = $ARGV; my $replace = $ARGV; my $glob = $ARGV; @filelist = <*$glob>; # process each... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex/sed - matching any char,space,underscore between : and /

trying to remove the portion in red: Data: mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: $AI_SQL/wkly.sql mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: $EDW_TMP/wkly.sql output to be: mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: wkly.sql mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: wkly.sql SED i'm trying to use: sed 's/:+\//: /g' input_file.dat >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete the content between all the occurences of two strings using sed or awk command

Hi. I have to delete the content between all the occurrences of the xml tags in a single file. For example: * The tags <script>.....................</script> occurs more than once in the same file. * It follows tagging rules meaning a start tag will be followed by an end tag. Will not have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkumar
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the occurences of strings

I have some text files in a folder f1 with 10 columns. The first five columns of a file are shown below. aab abb 263-455 263 455 aab abb 263-455 263 455 aab abb 263-455 263 455 bbb abb 26-455 26 455 bbb abb 26-455 26 455 bbb aka 264-266 264 266 bga bga 230-232 230 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomez
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove double char occurences

I have a file with random characters where every time a char occurs twice, one occurrence must be removed. Eg. asjkdhaSSd Must become: asjkdhaSd Anybody has a SED script in mind to do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rlopes
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unterminated address regex

I am trying to grep for a particular text (Do action on cell BL330) in a text file(sample.gz) which is searched in the content filtered by date+timestamp (2016-09-14 01:09:56,796 to 2016-09-15 04:10:29,719) on a remote machine and finally write the output into a output file on a local machine. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbadveti
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regex problem

Script logs into switches on my list but nothing seems to happen. Following error: tr nope, doesn't (yet) match (?-xism:-]+ ?(?:\(config*\))? ? ?$) du SEEN: Here is code in question: @version_info = $session_obj->cmd('term length 0'); $session_obj->cmd('show int | i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex

I am trying to add word in last of particular line. the same command syntex is running on prompt. but in bash script give error."sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex" Please help. for i in `cat servername`; do ssh -q -t root@$i sed -i '/simple_allow_groups =/s/$/,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash_message
4 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)