Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurrence of a specific word Post 302925619 by kridhick on Tuesday 18th of November 2014 07:53:19 AM
Old 11-18-2014
I having minor issue if my directory name contains "_" symbol

Code:
ls system_inbound/RSK_* | awk -F'_' '
$2 == last2 {
	printf("rm -f \"%s\"\n", last0)
}
{	last0 = $0
	last2 = $2
}'

Here "system_inbound" is my directory name, the above code is not producing the intended result if the directory name contains "_" ( field separator).

This field separator may occur in my directory name more than once like ( system_inb_123 or user_inbound_124).

I tried using NF in awk, but its not producing any output at all.

Code:
ls ${inbound_target_folder}/${inbound_data_file_prefix}_* | awk -F'_' '$NF == last2 { printf("%s\n%s\n", last0, NF-2)} {last0 = $0} {last2 = $3}'

Any help is much appreciated. Many Thanks in advance.

New to UNIX shell scripting.
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags (not ICODE tags) for multi-line input, output, and code samples.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 11-18-2014 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Fix tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files in specific directory

i have a directory "ABC" with lots of old files and sub directories in it. the issue now is i want to delete away files which are older than 15 days in "ABC" without deleting the files in the sub directories and without deleting the sub directory. i tried using find command but it will drill down... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search files containing a specific word in the content

Hi all, Lets say I have 3 files a.txt and b.txt and c.txt. a.txt has the following text ==================== apple is good for health b.txt has the following text ==================== apple is pomme in french c.txt has the following text ==================== orange has citric acid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amjath78
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete specific files only

Hello, I have these files in my directory. ABC123 ABC12.sls.20080809111121 ABC233 ABC12.sls.20080403123212 ABC543 ABC12.sls.20080804231212 ABC323 ABC12.sls.20080809111232 ABC765 ABC12.sls.20080809112343 ABC654 ABC12.sls.20080809113133 I want to delete only files in first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.scientist
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurence of a specific word

Hello, I have several files in a specific directory. A specific string in one file can occur in another files. If this string is in other files. Then all the files in which this string occured should be deleted and only 1 file should remain with the string. Example. file1 ShortName "Blue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: premier_de
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all files with sum of matching word

grep -c 'avihai' 1.log will give me count of 'avihai' in log I want to have a list of files in the folder that show file name with count side by side. Please advice (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avihaimar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files with specific extension in directory tree

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but a search didn't turn up a definitive best method for this (if there ever is such a thing). I have been using rsync to back up my main data directory, but I have accumulated a large number of older backups that I don't need. All of the files I don't... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to delete a word in all files

can anyone tell me what is the commands to delete the below particular word in the all files located in one particular file path files/ll>grep "/ftp/" test.kell ftp -m uskmc -d /ftp/ -i filename.zip output should be : ftp -m uskmc -d -i filename.zip (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all the files and folders inside all the directories except some specific directory?

hi, i have a requirement to delete all the files from all the directories except some specific directories like archive and log. for example: there are following directories such as A B C D Archive E Log F which contains some sub directories and files. The requirement is to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)