Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS from windows 2008
Operating Systems Solaris NFS from windows 2008 Post 302925611 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 18th of November 2014 06:54:32 AM
Old 11-18-2014
Solaris (and indeed Unix/Linux in general) is always case sensitive for filenames. Windows on the other hand is not case sensitive, I believe.

Therefore, if you search for abc.txt in any upper or lower case Windows will find the same file.

I don't know what you can do about that. Perhaps you'll get other more useful answers on this forum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS for Windows

has anyone used any products to map windows drives to a solaris machine? if so can you please let me know of any problems you have seemed to have and which products you have tried. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Mounting of unix NFS to windows XP

is it possible? i will only config on the windows side. is there a third party software to help me accomplish this? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amaru
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Windows machine with NFS-Client

Hi all expert, can anybody know how to export windows user home directory on NFS server so user can access there files from windows as well as Linux. In short configure windows machine with an NFS client is there any third party software & how 2 configure it . Any idea. Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS HDD mount on Windows XP

Hi, Unix based, My harddrive won't boot and I'm looking for a reliable tool that can mount a hdd on Windows XP and show me the files stored on a NFS system. I tried the tool: Ext2IFS but this didn't work. I found a lot of tools on google to mount nfs share thru a network but that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: severt
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Install Windows 2003 R2 on existing Windows 2008

Hi, I am trying to install WIndows 2003 R2 Server on existing Windows 2008 server. When I run the 2003 cd it says no disk found. What can be the problem. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with samba and windows 2008

Hello everybody for Argentina i send my regards. I have question i have a samba (version 2.2.8A) runing on a solaris 10 sparc . There is a problem to connect said that there is a problem with the permission and refuse conection. Somebody knows what version of samba fix this problem? Thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

7. AIX

Access AIX NFS Share from Windows Server 2008

Hi all, Hopefully this question hasn't been asked a thousand times. I am trying to connect a Windows Server to an exported NFS share which resides on an AIX box. I think the directory is exported correctly from the AIX side but I can't verify that because I didn't do it myself. On the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mounting NFS filesystem on Windows server

Hello Can someone please suggest how should I configure Samba to share the drive from Linux to Window server, and Windows server is in AD environment. is this require winbind to be installed ?? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount of Windows NAS

The UPS connected to the Disk Array portion of my Windows 2003 NAS burned up over the weekend. Reconnected it to a new UPS and re-booted the NAS box. Since then I have not been able to get my HPUX 10.2 box to mount the shared drives on the NAS. At boot, the NFS client & server subsystems do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twalker0
0 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS mount error in windows

I am trying to set a share between windows and an AIX server. I was able to do this to a windows 2008 server. I am now trying to get this to worked on a windows 7 enterprise pc. below is what i get. I have turned off the firewall wall in windows the user is an admin in the pc. same account works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
6 Replies
X-TILE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 X-TILE(1)

NAME
x-tile - select windows and adjust their tiling SYNOPSIS
x-tile [option][rows][columns] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the x-tile command. x-tile is a program that allows tiling selected windows as desired. In addition of the predefined tilings, it allows user to create up to two user defined tilings to be applied later. It also provides a system tray icon for faster access to tiling menu. OPTIONS
This program doesn't follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). Instead, it uses case sen- sitive single letter options, followed by arguments when required. A summary of options is included below. w Open the x-tile main window without using the panel. z Undo the latest tiling operation. v Tile all opened windows vertically. h Tile all opened windows horizontally. u Tile all opened windows triangularly, top up. d Tile all opened windows triangularly, top down. l Tile all opened windows triangularly, top left. r Tile all opened windows triangularly, top right. q Tile all opened windows in a four square grid. g Tile all opened windows in a grid with the given rows and columns. 1 Apply user defined tiling #1 to all opened windows. 2 Apply user defined tiling #2 to all opened windows. i Invert the order of the latest tiling operation. m Maximize all opened windows. M Unmaximize all opened windows. c Close all opened windows. Any other Show a brief summary of options. AUTHORS
x-tile was written by Giuseppe Penone <giuspen@gmail.com> and Chris Camacho <chris_camacho@yahoo.com>. This manual page was written by Ricardo Mones <mones@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 7, 2012 X-TILE(1)