Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Could not logon to newly installed Solaris 11.2 Post 302925592 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 18th of November 2014 04:34:56 AM
Old 11-18-2014
How are you trying to login?

Immediately after installation you can only login with the user/passwd that you gave during installation (NOT root which is configured as a role, not a user).

You should be able to login with the userid and passwd given during the install routine. Can you login with those?
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just installed Solaris 8 but....

Hello again, Well i went ahead with my solaris installation tonight (on my pc) and it all appeared to work ok. Unfortunately, i am unable to use the system yet because it gives me this horrible message straight after it boots up: "The X-server can not be started on display :0..." It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: timresh
4 Replies

2. Solaris

just installed Solaris 10 x86

Hi, I've just installed solaris 10 on one of my old PC's (a 1ghz 256M PC). I think the installation worked ok but when I reboot it I can only login via the command line console and not the nice CDE interface. Has anyone seen this before? Its probable something simple I'm doing wrong. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Setting link to newly installed Java version

Hi, I have Solaris 8 wih Java 1.2.2 as default. I just upgraded it to Java 2 version 1.4. But when I do "java -version: I get following: "Java version "1.2.2" Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_05a, native threads, sunjwit) How would I make solaris to look at my new java? If I have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjitsingh
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 logon problem with normal user

Hello. I have problem in Solaris 8. I can logon cde with root there is no problem. When I logon with normal user I am recieving black screen after 10 15 second login screen (cde pasword screen) coming again. 1 years ago we resolved same problem. We found a file It must be run with admin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FATIH1453
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Help a user logon in SUN SOLARIS 10 ?

I logon with root user, then ok, but as a user logon is not, it is the login window forever ah, wishes to receive help from members of the forum, thanks very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tampc
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Solaris Auditing: Newly specified events not being logged

Hi all I'm busy testing auditing on Solaris 10. I am using the syslog plugin to get real time view of what's happening on the system. Initially I am only monitoring lo events. The audit_control file looked like this: dir:/var/audit flags:lo minfree:20 naflags:lo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Newly Compiled GCC 4.4.4 on Solaris sparc gives problem with -m32/-m64 flags

Hello experts, This issue has kept me busy all day long. It started off with openssl compilation which was giving linking error with following message: /usr/local/bin/ld: target elf32-sparc not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I tried every step possible thing that I could think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_shanke
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris- How to scan newly attached NIC's

Hi folks, How can I scan newly attached network interfaces to server without reboot? Is there any command or something to scan without reboot. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Newly relabelled disc unable to initialize to Solaris 8 login - please help

We are having a problem with initializing Solaris 8 installed on a Sunblade 1500 after having cloned the hard disc. (The cloning process was done in a windows environment. Not a UNIX environment.) Immediately after the cloning process neither hard disc would boot until the format label... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DR_RALT
10 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)