Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File name offset
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File name offset Post 302925570 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 18th of November 2014 01:13:02 AM
Old 11-18-2014
Don't strip the leading zeroes
Code:
off=${1:-30}
ls -r ANI_WFMASS_PIST*.gif |
while IFS='T.' read -r f num t
do
  new=$(printf '%05d' "$((10#$num + off))")
  echo mv "${f}T$num.$t" "${f}T$new.$t"
done

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 11-18-2014 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: 10#$ to force a base 10 number
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

offset - informix chunk

Hello all, I am trying to add chunks to my informix dataspace. I have one dataspace ( the rootdbs ) and the new chunk is a raw device. Precisely slice1 on my new external harddisk. The question is, what should be the offset value. The document says, the offset is used by the engine to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to Extract the line from File with specified offset

Hi All, I need to extract only XML details from large log file which may contain other unwanted junk details. For example, our xml will be start as <OUTBOUND_MESSAGE .....> and ends with </OUTBOUND_MESSAGE>. I want to extract only lines between these start and end tag (Including these tags)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinakarmani
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading a file from a specified offset

Hi, I want to read a file from a specified offset from the start of file. With the read command, is it possible to do so. Please suggest. Is there any other alternative? Thanks, Saurabh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhsinha23
2 Replies

4. Programming

Negative Offset

Function: int fcntl(int fd, int cmd, struct flock * lock) Data Type: struct flock This structure is used with the fcntl function to describe a file lock. It has these members: off_t l_start This specifies the offset of the start of the region to which the lock applies, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

increment a value at an offset in hundreds very large hex file

I have a lot of very large hex files that I need to change one value at the same offset and save to another file. I have a script that finds each file and just need to put an operator for each file. I think sed might be able to do this but I have not used it before and would like some help. If... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eruditass
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving bytes in file by offset and length

Hi, I'm looking for a way (other than C) to pull out a number of bytes in a Linux file for a giving length. for example: file1 contains 2 records: abcdefghijkl mnopqrstuv ..... so, I want to pull starting in byte 9 for a length of 8 file2 would contain: ijkmnopq Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbt828
2 Replies

7. Solaris

NTP client offset

How to add offset to NTP client so that, for eg., clock is -20 seconds? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tail with positive offset

I have read the below from the book bash cookbook.Tail +1 filenames is similar to cat filename I have tried the same in Ubuntu 11.10 with bash. 4.0 . I have received error for the Same. May I know in which system that will work fine ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Compressed byte offset from .gz file

Hi , I have a .gz file whose contents look like below. data1^filename1 data2^filename2. .. . . Is it possible to find out the byte offset of each record from the .gz file. Like in an uncompressed file. grep -nb "Filename" give the byte offset of the record in this case. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep --byte-offset not returning the offset (Grep version 2.5.1)

Hi, I am trying to get the position of a repeated string in a line using grep -b -o "pattern" In my server I am using GNU grep version 2.14 and the code is working fine. However when I am deploying the same code in a different server which is using GNU grep version 2.5.1 the code is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subhamoy
3 Replies
Num(3o)                                                            OCaml library                                                           Num(3o)

NAME
Num - Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Module Module Num Documentation Module Num : sig end Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Numbers (type num ) are arbitrary-precision rational numbers, plus the special elements 1/0 (infinity) and 0/0 (undefined). type num = | Int of int | Big_int of Big_int.big_int | Ratio of Ratio.ratio The type of numbers. === Arithmetic operations === val (+/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.add_num . val add_num : num -> num -> num Addition val minus_num : num -> num Unary negation. val (-/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.sub_num . val sub_num : num -> num -> num Subtraction val ( */ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.mult_num . val mult_num : num -> num -> num Multiplication val square_num : num -> num Squaring val (//) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.div_num . val div_num : num -> num -> num Division val quo_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: quotient. val mod_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: remainder. val ( **/ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.power_num . val power_num : num -> num -> num Exponentiation val abs_num : num -> num Absolute value. val succ_num : num -> num succ n is n+1 val pred_num : num -> num pred n is n-1 val incr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit incr r is r:=!r+1 , where r is a reference to a number. val decr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit decr r is r:=!r-1 , where r is a reference to a number. val is_integer_num : num -> bool Test if a number is an integer === The four following functions approximate a number by an integer : === val integer_num : num -> num integer_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds towards zero. val floor_num : num -> num floor_num n returns the largest integer smaller or equal to n . val round_num : num -> num round_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds off zero. val ceiling_num : num -> num ceiling_num n returns the smallest integer bigger or equal to n . val sign_num : num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 according to the sign of the argument. === Comparisons between numbers === val (=/) : num -> num -> bool val (</) : num -> num -> bool val (>/) : num -> num -> bool val (<=/) : num -> num -> bool val (>=/) : num -> num -> bool val (<>/) : num -> num -> bool val eq_num : num -> num -> bool val lt_num : num -> num -> bool val le_num : num -> num -> bool val gt_num : num -> num -> bool val ge_num : num -> num -> bool val compare_num : num -> num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 if the first argument is less than, equal to, or greater than the second argument. val max_num : num -> num -> num Return the greater of the two arguments. val min_num : num -> num -> num Return the smaller of the two arguments. === Coercions with strings === val string_of_num : num -> string Convert a number to a string, using fractional notation. val approx_num_fix : int -> num -> string See Num.approx_num_exp . val approx_num_exp : int -> num -> string Approximate a number by a decimal. The first argument is the required precision. The second argument is the number to approximate. Num.approx_num_fix uses decimal notation; the first argument is the number of digits after the decimal point. approx_num_exp uses scien- tific (exponential) notation; the first argument is the number of digits in the mantissa. val num_of_string : string -> num Convert a string to a number. === Coercions between numerical types === val int_of_num : num -> int val num_of_int : int -> num val nat_of_num : num -> Nat.nat val num_of_nat : Nat.nat -> num val num_of_big_int : Big_int.big_int -> num val big_int_of_num : num -> Big_int.big_int val ratio_of_num : num -> Ratio.ratio val num_of_ratio : Ratio.ratio -> num val float_of_num : num -> float OCamldoc 2012-06-26 Num(3o)