Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications SAP & DB2 Process Monitoring Parameters Post 302925565 by marunmeera on Tuesday 18th of November 2014 12:17:21 AM
Old 11-18-2014
SAP & DB2 Process Monitoring Parameters

What are the parameters ((i.e., Process & Services) need to monitor for SAP & DB2 to capture shutdown, restart & Halt status of those applications.

Please suggest the best practices.

Ex: SAPSTART for SAP & DP2SYS for DB2

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

alias & parameters

We just recently moved from a DG-UX (Unix V) to HP 9000 servers running POSIX. I used the c-shell in the DG-UX system mainly because the bourne-shell did not support aliasing. Now in the default posix-shell of HP aliasing is supported. The main difference seams to be that in a c-shell you can pass... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

2. AIX

DB2 Monitoring

Hi everyone. I am currently looking for a monitor to monitor my DB2 UDB database, which runs on AIX 5.3. Does anyone here use any good ones or has anyone heard of any good ones? I especially need to monitor which applications run at any given time, so that I am able to ballance the workload... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprellari
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2 stored procedure (with input parameters) from script

I have a db2 stored procedure on my database which require 3 parameters, I have the following db2 command in a sql script CONNECT TO SAMPLE; CALL BACKUP(INPUT_1, INPUT_2, INPUT3); Usually, I would just invoke this sql script from my shell script like below db2 -tf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

process monitoring

hi all, i would like to write the shell script to monitoring the processing, but if i passing the parameter the number of process is incorrect how to slove it? many thx got the correct number of process as following script: ===========================================================... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
3 Replies

5. AIX

Aix hacmp cluster question (oracle & sap)

Hello, I was wondering if I have 3 nodes (A, B, C) all configured to startup with HACMP, but I would like to configure HACMP in such a way: 1) Node B should startup first. After the cluster successfully starts up and mounts all the filesystems, then 2) Node A, and Node C should startup ! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX & DB2 paging issues

AIX & DB2 paging issues Hello I needs some help on AIX & DB2 paging issues. Recently a db2 query caused paging issues which then lead to memory problems and a server restart. Is there anyway of finding out what db2 queries were causing the problem.. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nedkao
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with a process monitoring script

GM everyone, I have this script that goes to multiple servers and monitor a certain process and send the output to a file on servers1, the script looks like this exec < server.list while read SERVER do ssh $SERVER "ps -ef | grep process_name" >> /tmp/report done can someone help ad... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baders
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_SAPDAT(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_SAPDAT(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_SAPDatabase - Manages any SAP database (based on Oracle, MaxDB, or DB2) SYNOPSIS
SAPDatabase [start | stop | status | monitor | validate-all | meta-data | methods] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for SAP databases. It manages a SAP database of any type as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
SID The unique SAP system identifier. e.g. P01 (required, string, no default) DIR_EXECUTABLE The full qualified path where to find sapstartsrv and sapcontrol. (optional, string, no default) DBTYPE The name of the database vendor you use. Set either: ORA,DB6,ADA (required, string, no default) NETSERVICENAME The Oracle TNS listener name. (optional, string, no default) DBJ2EE_ONLY If you do not have a ABAP stack installed in the SAP database, set this to TRUE (optional, boolean, default false) JAVA_HOME This is only needed if the DBJ2EE_ONLY parameter is set to true. Enter the path to the Java SDK which is used by the SAP WebAS Java (optional, string, no default) STRICT_MONITORING This controls how the resource agent monitors the database. If set to true, it will use SAP tools to test the connect to the database. Do not use with Oracle, because it will result in unwanted failovers in case of an archiver stuck (optional, boolean, default false) AUTOMATIC_RECOVER The SAPDatabase resource agent tries to recover a failed start attempt automaticaly one time. This is done by running a forced abort of the RDBMS and/or executing recovery commands. (optional, boolean, default false) DIR_BOOTSTRAP The full qualified path where to find the J2EE instance bootstrap directory. e.g. /usr/sap/P01/J00/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap (optional, string, no default) DIR_SECSTORE The full qualified path where to find the J2EE security store directory. e.g. /usr/sap/P01/SYS/global/security/lib/tools (optional, string, no default) DB_JARS The full qualified filename of the jdbc driver for the database connection test. It will be automaticaly read from the bootstrap.properties file in Java engine 6.40 and 7.00. For Java engine 7.10 the parameter is mandatory. (optional, string, no default) PRE_START_USEREXIT The full qualified path where to find a script or program which should be executed before this resource gets started. (optional, string, no default) POST_START_USEREXIT The full qualified path where to find a script or program which should be executed after this resource got started. (optional, string, no default) PRE_STOP_USEREXIT The full qualified path where to find a script or program which should be executed before this resource gets stopped. (optional, string, no default) POST_STOP_USEREXIT The full qualified path where to find a script or program which should be executed after this resource got stopped. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 1800. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 1800. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. Suggested interval: 120. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a SAPDatabase resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_SAPDatabase ocf:heartbeat:SAPDatabase params SID=string DBTYPE=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="60" interval="120" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/SAPDatabase_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_SAPDAT(7)