Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Numbering by field
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Numbering by field Post 302925523 by ysvsr1 on Monday 17th of November 2014 05:10:47 PM
Old 11-17-2014
Code:
awk 'BEGIN { prev="";cur="";cursign="";prevsign="";}
{
if($5!="")
cursign=$5;
cur=$4;
#print "prev =" prev " cur= " cur " cursign= " cursign " prevsign=" prevsign

if($5=="-")
        {
        if(cur!=prev)
                {
		if(prevsign=="+" || prevsign=="")
			{
			i=1;	
			a[i]=$0
			}
		else
			{		
			k=i;
			for(j=1;j<=k;j++)
				{
				print a[j] " " i
				i=i-1;
				}
	                i=1;
			a[i]=$0
                	}
		}
        else
                {
		i=i+1
		a[i]=$0
                }
		prev=cur;
        }
if($5=="+")
        {
        if(cur!=prev)
                {
		if(prevsign=="-" || prevsign=="")
	  		{
			k=i;
			for(j=1;j<=k;j++)
				{
				print a[j] " " i
				i=i-1;
				}
			i=1;
                	print $0 " " i
			}	
		else
			{
                	i=1;
                	print $0 " " i
                	}
		}
        else
                {
                i=i+1
                print $0 " " i
                }
prev=cur;
	}
prevsign=$5;
}
END { 
if(cursign=="-")
	{
			k=i;
			for(j=1;j<=k;j++)
				{
				print a[j] " " i
				i=i-1;
				}
	}
}
' input.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

numbering of process

:confused: How does UNIX handle the numbering of processes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tweety111
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Numbering!

Just a shot question... how to make 1,2,3,...999 into the form of 001,002,003....999 (3 digits) Thanks.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglemon
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering

I'm trying to do a script that will look for a log file if it is already there change the name to another name. I.E if log.0 is there rename to log.1 rename log.1 to log.2 rename log.2 to log.3 and so on. Only thing is I got no idea where or what is the best command to use for this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

numbering blanks

hello i'm trying to figure out how to number a blank line. For instance this : sed '/./=' file | sed '/./N; s/\n/ /' gives me 1 aaaa 2 bbbbbb 4 cccccc 5 ffkkkfff 6 ffsdfdfs I would like something like this: 1 aaaaa 2 3 bbbbbb 4 5 cccccc And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering Lines

Hello everyone, I want get numbered lines from a file. and i can do it with: sed = file.txt | sed "/./N; s/\n/ /" | sed -n "5,7p" but the output that i get is something similar to: 5 line5 6 line6 7 line7 and i want something like this (with 2points after the number): 5:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibra
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbering duplicates

Hi, I have this large file and sometimes there are duplicates and I want to basically find them and figure how many there are. So I have a file with multiple columns and the last column (9) has the duplicates. eg. yan tar tar man ban tan tub tub tub Basically what I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Numbering the rows

If I a list of components, is there anyway to number (like automatically have: 1,2,3,...) the rows of my data? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with numbering a file

Hi, All I need to do is number a file. The file looks like this > JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ > JKJKJKKKKKKJJJ > MMMMYKKKJKKK what I want to do is number it so that theres a numerical value beside the >. >1 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ >2 JKJKJKKKKKKJJJ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incremental numbering?

Would it be possible for a script to duplicate a file and incrementally number it? File in: XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0016.aep File out: XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0017.aep If someone knows of a way I'd love to see it. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing numbering from last character

Hi, I have a file test.txt, below the contents: SCDE1 SF9 STR1D2 SREDF21 FRED STER2R4 I want to remove only the last character if it is the number, so the output should as below: SCDE SF STR1D SREDF2 FRED STER2R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khchong
4 Replies
PREV(1)                                                              [nmh-1.5]                                                             PREV(1)

NAME
prev - show the previous message SYNOPSIS
prev [+folder] [-showproc program] [-showmimeproc program] [-header | -noheader] [-checkmime | -nocheckmime] [switches for showproc or showmimeproc] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Prev performs a show on the previous message in the specified (or current) folder. Like show, it passes any switches on to the program named by showproc or showmimeproc, which is called to list the message. This command is almost exactly equivalent to "show prev". Consult the manual entry for show(1) for all the details. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder showproc: Program to show non-MIME messages showmimeproc: Program to show MIME messages SEE ALSO
show(1), next(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `-checkmime' `-header' CONTEXT
If a folder is specified, it will become the current folder. The message that is shown (i.e., the previous message in sequence) will become the current message. BUGS
prev is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to prev and that link is not called prev, your link will act like show instead. To circumvent this, add a profile-entry for the link to your nmh profile and add the argument prev to the entry. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 PREV(1)