Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to change colours in Linux Terminal Xfce? Post 302925495 by electrocad on Monday 17th of November 2014 01:35:26 PM
Old 11-17-2014
Hi, thanks for your response. I don't have any menu bars or drop-down menu's on the terminal, it's just a box with Terminal & - + X at the top & the prompt "john@johns-EasyNote ~ $" inside the box, so I don't know where to find the Edit -> Preferences that you refer to.

Regards

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change Terminal Title

Is it possible to change the title of a Terminal window on Solaris? For example, for a MS Windows command window, one can simply type "title NameofWindow" to change the title for a command window. I was looking for similar functionality for terminal windows. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
8 Replies

2. Solaris

putty to change screen colours

Can any one tell me how to change the screen colors of the screen when connected unix using putty. I tryed setting from colors but it's not happening (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xfce terminal: colors

I have Xfce terminal emulator installed on most machines. The Xubuntu version has color coding that distinguishes directories (purple) from files (white or green) for instance. The terminals on non-Linux machines do not have this color coding. Where can this color option be set? Is there a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Namen ändern in Xfce ?

Hallo, Ich habe oft viele Terminals (nicht xterms) geöffnet. In den Terminals source ich dann verschiedene tools. Spätestens ab 4 Terminals verliere ich da schnell den Überblick in welchem Terminal ich welches tool gesetzt habe. DUmmer Weise gibt es im Menu des Terminals nicht die Möglichkeit dem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hooge789
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Giving a name to a Terminal in "Xfce" desktop environment

Hi, I work noramly with 3/4/5 Terminals (not xterms) open. In the different Terminal I set different tools (software). Unfortunately I loose easily the overview of all these Terminals. Which setup is in which Terminal? It would be nice to have a possibility to name Termianls. By the way I work... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hooge789
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change color on another terminal

i already have a running and working script for remote connection. is there a way to change the terminal color everytime I ssh remotely to another server? this is to avoid confusion since I will be using only one server to remotely access around 50 servers (solaris, linux,. etc) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

How do I change my IP via terminal?

Hi, guys, I was using an online utility to check wheather or not an email existed, and they gave me three tries. I thought clearing temp and cookies would work, but it looks like they grabbed a hold of my IP. :mad: Now, I'd like to make a shell script that changes my IP. Not bad...yet. I'm using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ihatewindows
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change Linux Terminal environment variable in a perl or bash script?

Hi, I meet an problem that it cannot change Terminal environment variable in a perl or bash script. This change can only exist and become effective in script lifetime. But I want to make this change take effect in current opened Terminal. In our view, the thought seems to be impossible, As... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: weichanghe2000
9 Replies
tk_menuBar(1T)						       Tk Built-In Commands						    tk_menuBar(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tk_menuBar, tk_bindForTraversal - Obsolete support for menu bars SYNOPSIS
tk_menuBar frame ?menu menu ...? tk_bindForTraversal arg arg ... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These procedures were used in Tk 3.6 and earlier releases to help manage pulldown menus and to implement keyboard traversal of menus. In Tk 4.0 and later releases they are no longer needed. Stubs for these procedures have been retained for backward compatibility, but they have no effect. You should remove calls to these procedures from your code, since eventually the procedures will go away. From Tk 8.0 onwards, you should instead construct your menubar as a normal menu and then attach it to the toplevel of your choice using the -menu option of that widget. SEE ALSO
menu(1T), toplevel(1T) KEYWORDS
keyboard traversal, menu, menu bar, post ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk tk_menuBar(1T)