Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need a Shell Script for FTP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a Shell Script for FTP Post 302925472 by maruf on Monday 17th of November 2014 11:18:34 AM
Old 11-17-2014
Need a Shell Script for FTP

Hi Corona,

Now i am getting below

Code:
220 Microsoft FTP Service
---> SYST
215 Windows_NT
Remote system type is Windows_NT.
---> USER ftpuser
331 Password required for ftpuser.
---> PASS 12345678
230 User logged in.
Hash mark printing on (1024 bytes/hash mark).
Interactive mode off.
---> CWD /tmp/
550 The system cannot find the file specified.
---> TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
---> PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,112,1,220,60).
---> RETR XXXX.*
550 The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
---> QUIT
221 Goodbye.

Last edited by Corona688; 11-17-2014 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: getting new error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using ftp in a shell script.

I am trying to ftp some files from a certain directory, but i got an invalid command. does anybody know why i got this error? ftp -v -i -n <<SCRIPT open servername user username password cd /server/logs for file in MCWAS* do put ${file} /home/test/${file} done bye SCRIPT (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caesarkim
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp in shell script

Hi, I have to ftp to a remote machine. i have got the Ip, username and password and the file path.. I need to get the file name with out user intervention in my script.. is there any way to do this.. please help esham (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script for ftp

Hi ,, I am wrting a shell script to ftp a file from remote server but its giving some problem to me.can you help me in debugging this. #!/usr/bin/ksh HOST="some ip" user="user_name" passwd="password" ftp -n $HOST >>END_SCRIPT USER $user $passwd binary prompt get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP via shell script

Hi, I need to upload a file via ftp. I have given : ftp -n $HOST <<END quote user $USER quote pass $PASSWD prompt off put bus.txt quit END Its throwing a syntax error at "<<" symbol. What should be done for this ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp with shell script

Can I ftp to put file with shell script(as bath file) ? Plz give the simple code to do that. My script look like that #!/bin/sh echo "Start ftp" ftp temphost <<EOF put file quit EOF # end This code ignore username & password but I need to input. How to input username &... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aungomarin
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP in shell script

HI ALL i am writing a shell script in which i have to use FTP command like. FTP <ip address> cd xyz mget* bye but i am not able to perform any command from shell script. once the control goes to FTP, i again have to type all the things. i just want my shell script to take care of the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell script for FTP

#!/usr/bin/ksh export filename=/grid/PowerCenter/inbound/AT/filelist.txt export SOURCE_DIR=/grid/PowerCenter/inbound/AT export ICOMS_FTP_TGT_DIR1=/dw/input/ATU/ICOM_SERV1 export ICOMS_FTP_TGT_DIR2=/dw/input/AT/ICOM_SERV2 export FILE_MASK="ATRPU_RP_ATU" echo "start" ftp_data_file() { ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmeruga
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP within a SHELL script

I am running the following on linux (on a mac): filename="/Users/thisfilename.txt" hostname="ftp.mysite.com" username="myusername" password="mypassword" echo '=======FTP========' ftp -un $hostname <<EOF quote USER $username quote PASS $password binary put $filename quit EOF I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: globalnerds
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With FTP Shell Script

So i Administer multiple ftp servers that run on dynamic IP's as well as user and password settings are changed by other people constantly. What i need to do is ensure that an FTP is server is up on the IP i check. As well as the login credentials work. Here is a simple script i wrote. However... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noledge
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP in Shell Script

Dear All, I am using FTP in a script. But when i exit from the FTP session, the commands written after EOF don't get executed. i.e. ftp <<EOF quote $login quote $password cd /tmp mget *somefile* bye EOF echo $some_variable #This last echo command or whatever piece of commands i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salman786
10 Replies
Net::Config(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Net::Config(3perl)

NAME
Net::Config - Local configuration data for libnet SYNOPSYS
use Net::Config qw(%NetConfig); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Config" holds configuration data for the modules in the libnet distribution. During installation you will be asked for these values. The configuration data is held globally in "/etc/perl/Net/libnet.cfg", but a user may override any of these values by providing their own. This can be done by having a ".libnetrc" file in their home directory. This file should return a reference to a HASH containing the keys described below. For example # .libnetrc { nntp_hosts => [ "my_preferred_host" ], ph_hosts => [ "my_ph_server" ], } __END__ METHODS
"Net::Config" defines the following methods. They are methods as they are invoked as class methods. This is because "Net::Config" inherits from "Net::LocalCfg" so you can override these methods if you want. requires_firewall HOST Attempts to determine if a given host is outside your firewall. Possible return values are. -1 Cannot lookup hostname 0 Host is inside firewall (or there is no ftp_firewall entry) 1 Host is outside the firewall This is done by using hostname lookup and the "local_netmask" entry in the configuration data. NetConfig VALUES nntp_hosts snpp_hosts pop3_hosts smtp_hosts ph_hosts daytime_hosts time_hosts Each is a reference to an array of hostnames (in order of preference), which should be used for the given protocol inet_domain Your internet domain name ftp_firewall If you have an FTP proxy firewall (NOT an HTTP or SOCKS firewall) then this value should be set to the firewall hostname. If your firewall does not listen to port 21, then this value should be set to "hostname:port" (eg "hostname:99") ftp_firewall_type There are many different ftp firewall products available. But unfortunately there is no standard for how to traverse a firewall. The list below shows the sequence of commands that Net::FTP will use user Username for remote host pass Password for remote host fwuser Username for firewall fwpass Password for firewall remote.host The hostname of the remote ftp server 0 There is no firewall 1 USER user@remote.host PASS pass 2 USER fwuser PASS fwpass USER user@remote.host PASS pass 3 USER fwuser PASS fwpass SITE remote.site USER user PASS pass 4 USER fwuser PASS fwpass OPEN remote.site USER user PASS pass 5 USER user@fwuser@remote.site PASS pass@fwpass 6 USER fwuser@remote.site PASS fwpass USER user PASS pass 7 USER user@remote.host PASS pass AUTH fwuser RESP fwpass ftp_ext_passive ftp_int_passive FTP servers can work in passive or active mode. Active mode is when you want to transfer data you have to tell the server the address and port to connect to. Passive mode is when the server provide the address and port and you establish the connection. With some firewalls active mode does not work as the server cannot connect to your machine (because you are behind a firewall) and the firewall does not re-write the command. In this case you should set "ftp_ext_passive" to a true value. Some servers are configured to only work in passive mode. If you have one of these you can force "Net::FTP" to always transfer in passive mode; when not going via a firewall, by setting "ftp_int_passive" to a true value. local_netmask A reference to a list of netmask strings in the form "134.99.4.0/24". These are used by the "requires_firewall" function to determine if a given host is inside or outside your firewall. The following entries are used during installation & testing on the libnet package test_hosts If true then "make test" may attempt to connect to hosts given in the configuration. test_exists If true then "Configure" will check each hostname given that it exists perl v5.14.2 2014-09-29 Net::Config(3perl)