Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SSH command Post 302925417 by Peasant on Monday 17th of November 2014 05:57:18 AM
Old 11-17-2014
Try this :
Code:
ssh $1 "echo \"$3\" | runmqsc $2"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh command

hi to you all, Is it possible to change all subfolder's permission to 755 and all the files' permission (regardless of its filetype) t0 644 in 1 command? if so what would be the complete command for this ? i tried chmod -R permission /folder -- but if will give all the files and subfolders... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsonist
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh command in unix

what does -r option mean for ssh commad. what does below commad do? ssh -r command (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakarn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh command with password

hi: how can i use ssh with password in the command line . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainboisterous
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ssh login and command

Hi I want to make a ssh login and excute a command in the same step. I am trying something like ssh -t -t -Y hostname 'sh myscript' However I recive connection to "host" closed and nothing has happend. I can succesfully log in to the host and then excute my script if I do it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mtepe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command for SSH with @ in User Name

I am trying to log into a server using SSH through the command line. I understand that the format is sftp -oPort=22 Username@Hostname. My issue is that my user name also has an @ symbol in it. Can someone tell me how I can get the system to not think that the last half of the user name as part... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: davkatjenn
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh command help

I am running a ssh command like this : ssh abc1234 '. /opt/dba/oraadmin/tools/oraenv.sh -S tstd1; export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin;echo "select count(*) from (select b.username from dba_sys_privs a,dba_users b where a.privilege='CREATE SESSION' and a.grantee=b.username union select b.username... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use 3 descriptors with ssh command

Hi, I want to execute some commands via ssh. errupdate <enter> =5A7598C3: <enter> Report=False <enter> Log=False <enter> <CTRL + D> <CTRL + D> how can i do this ? I suppose i have to use file descriptor but i don't know how ? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing output of command over ssh

Hey Guys, i have a script that generates logs at our isilon storage. The part of the script is to geneate logs and grep its name: VAR=`ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null root@XXX isi_gather_info | grep -i "Package:" | awk '{ print $2 }'` Now , while this is run, i do not see the status of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshulsahdev
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh command error

Hello, I have simple ssh command which is throwing "syntax error: `(' unexpected" error. Below is the command. Could someone please advise on whats wrong with command. #!/bin/bash ssh user@host "ENDJOB JOB(I5OSDRV)" I have tried `,'. but no luck. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project