Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_regex-mt Post 302925353 by shamrock on Sunday 16th of November 2014 04:04:58 PM
Old 11-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry burns
it is quite large so I don't think I should post it here, and I'd like to keep confidential the names of the files it refers to
In that case just set the location of libboost* in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable and then invoke make as you originally did...
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib64  &&  make

Do not invoke make as follows...make -L /usr/lib64 -l boost_regex-mt because that is a command to to "make" target "boost_regex-mt"...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

4. Programming

can't compile under cygwin anymore, /usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt2.o etc

I have been compiling software under gcc3.4.4-999 cygwin for some time now. I was having an issue, so I decided to re-install gcc. After the re-install, I am getting the following errors from the linker, /usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt2.o: No such file or directory /usr/bin/ld: cannot find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use use /usr/bin/find for 4 digit year dirs only

I have lots of directories in ~/. My diaries are stored in directories in ~/ containing exactly 4 digits. How do I use the /usr/bin/find command to only search my diary directories? So I would like my search to include ~/2009/abc/def and ~/2010/2001/33 but not ~/103/ or ~/20101/ or ~/201/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

7. Programming

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpam

I'm trying to compile sudo on RHEL 4.8 and during the make I get the this error. Does anyone know what package I'm missing? gcc -o sudo sudo_auth.o pam.o mkstemps.o ldap.o exec_pty.o get_pty.o iolog.o audit.o boottime.o check.o env.o exec.o getspwuid.o gettime.o goodpath.o fileops.o find_path.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz error

I am installing lxml module for python on redhat I have installed libxml2 already. When I run for libxslt: ./configure --prefix=libxslt_folder --with-libxml-prefix=libxml2_folder It is ok the I run : make I have error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_30
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recursively /usr/bin/find only readonly files?

I'm having trouble because, for some reason, cp -R missed a few files. And so did xcopy/s. Since I'm running Cygwin on Win10, I decided to see if robocopy would be more effective. The trouble is someone, maybe xcopy/s or cp -R dutifully set certain files to be read only so when I try a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
6 Replies
ENVIRONMENT.D(5)						   environment.d						  ENVIRONMENT.D(5)

NAME
environment.d - Definition of user session environment SYNOPSIS
~/.config/environment.d/*.conf /etc/environment.d/*.conf /run/environment.d/*.conf /usr/lib/environment.d/*.conf /etc/environment DESCRIPTION
The environment.d directories contain a list of "global" environment variable assignments for the user environment. systemd-environment-d- generator(8) parses them and updates the environment exported by the systemd user instance to the services it starts. It is recommended to use numerical prefixes for file names to simplify ordering. For backwards compatibility, a symlink to /etc/environment is installed, so this file is also parsed. CONFIGURATION DIRECTORIES AND PRECEDENCE
Configuration files are read from directories in /etc/, /run/, and /lib/, in order of precedence. Each configuration file in these configuration directories shall be named in the style of filename.conf. Files in /etc/ override files with the same name in /run/ and /lib/. Files in /run/ override files with the same name in /lib/. Packages should install their configuration files in /lib/. Files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed by vendor packages. All configuration files are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the directories they reside in. If multiple files specify the same option, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name will take precedence. It is recommended to prefix all filenames with a two-digit number and a dash, to simplify the ordering of the files. If the administrator wants to disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in the configuration directory in /etc/, with the same filename as the vendor configuration file. If the vendor configuration file is included in the initrd image, the image has to be regenerated. CONFIGURATION FORMAT
The configuration files contain a list of "KEY=VALUE" environment variable assignments, separated by newlines. The right hand side of these assignments may reference previously defined environment variables, using the "${OTHER_KEY}" and "$OTHER_KEY" format. It is also possible to use "${FOO:-DEFAULT_VALUE}" to expand in the same way as "${FOO}" unless the expansion would be empty, in which case it expands to DEFAULT_VALUE, and use "${FOO:+ALTERNATE_VALUE}" to expand to ALTERNATE_VALUE as long as "${FOO}" would have expanded to a non-empty value. No other elements of shell syntax are supported. Each KEY must be a valid variable name. Empty lines and lines beginning with the comment character "#" are ignored. Example Example 1. Setup environment to allow access to a program installed in /opt/foo /etc/environment.d/60-foo.conf: FOO_DEBUG=force-software-gl,log-verbose PATH=/opt/foo/bin:$PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/foo/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/foo/share:${XDG_DATA_DIRS:-/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/} SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-environment-d-generator(8), systemd.environment-generator(7) systemd 237 ENVIRONMENT.D(5)