Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called Post 302925332 by RudiC on Sunday 16th of November 2014 09:56:15 AM
Old 11-16-2014
Please use CODE tags as required by form rules!

Your grep works for me. Depending on what your system is, you could strip it down a bit:
Code:
grep -Ev "Invoice|globalorder" process.txt
1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz
2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz

Don't use cat ... |. The stars are not needed; use egrep if grep -E doesn't work for you...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two files whose names are given in other file

Hi, I have a pointer file ptr.txt. There may be any number of files mentioned in the ptr.txt file eg: cat ptr.txt /home/abc.txt /home/pqr.txt /home/xyz.txt I have to read this pointer file and merge the files given in the pointer file so that final file say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harshada
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing file names using text files

Hi, I have to perform an iterative function on a set of 10 files. After the first round the output files are named differently than the input files. examples input file name = xxxx1.yyy output file name = xxxx1_0001.yyy I need to rename all of the output files to the original input... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligander
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert file names when concatenate files into a file

Hi I found the following line would concatenate all test_01 test_02 test_03 files into "bigfile". cat test_* >> bigfile But, what I'm looking for a way to insert each file names in order when concatenated in "bigfile". Thank you samky2005 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samky2005
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files in one file from names in other

Hi Guys, I have a small problem of renaming multiple files. For example I have names of a set of files in one directory like K2_34625-34675 K7_988963-988983 K12_773882-7734102 and the other set corresponding to the same is U_P_321_9_3_11.ab1 U_P_322_9_3_11.ab1 U_P_323_9_3_11.ab1 Now... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
23 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing files with same text but different file names

Hi All, I have some 50,000 HTML files in a directory. The problem is; some HTML files are duplicate versions that is wget crawled them two times and gave them file names by appending 1, 2, 3 etc after each crawl. For example, if the file index.html has been crawled several times, it has been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a data file into separate files with the file names depending upon a column's value?

Hi, I have a data file xyz.dat similar to the one given below, 2345|98|809||x|969|0 2345|98|809||y|0|537 2345|97|809||x|544|0 2345|97|809||y|0|651 9685|98|809||x|321|0 9685|98|809||y|0|357 9685|98|709||x|687|0 9685|98|709||y|0|234 2315|98|809||x|564|0 2315|98|809||y|0|537... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files whose file names are listed in a .txt file

hi, I need a help. I used this command to list all the log files which are for more than 10 days to a text file. find /usr/script_test -type f -mtime +10>>/usr/ftprm.txt I want all these files listed in the ftprm.txt to be ftp in another machine and then rm the files. Anyone can help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop a file containing list of file names until the files are found?

Hi, I have a control file which will contain all filenames(300) files. Loop through all the file names in the control files and check the existence of this file in another directory(same server). I need to infinitely(2 hrs) run this while loop until all the files are found. Once a file is found,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files except the file names available in the Except File

Hi, I need some help in the below scenario. I need to delete all the files from the directory except the file name available in the Except file. Like the folder ABC have files like A1.txt,A2.txt......A10.txt and also have a file named Except.txt with the content A3.txt,A4.txt Need a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kban
6 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)