Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to convert xml to csv ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to convert xml to csv ? Post 302925320 by bartus11 on Sunday 16th of November 2014 06:07:51 AM
Old 11-16-2014
When you run your code it says pretty clearly why it can't print the details for the second child node:
Code:
Not a HASH reference at ...

Now, modify your code to print the contents of $FreemanFees using Data:Smilieumper at the beginning of each loop run, then compare the output for the first child node and the second child node. Do you see the difference? (TIP: look at the line containing "ManagerFeeAndCredit" key).

PS: "use strict;" should always be enabled.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to convert XML to CSV

Apologies if this has already been covered in this site somewhere, I did try looking but without any success. I am new to the whole XML thing, very late starter, and have a requirement to convert an XML fiule to a CSV fomat. I am crrently working on a Solaris OS. Does anyone have any suggestions,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossingi_33
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV format

Can any one give the idea on this, please. I have the following XML file and wants to convert into CSV(comma separated value) format. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <!DOCTYPE Waveset PUBLIC 'waveset.dtd' 'waveset.dtd'> <Waveset> <Object name='ra8736'> <Attribute name='ADDRESS'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar04
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent help to convert xml to xsl or csv

Urgent help to transfer data from .xml to xl sheet where each attribute and value goes into seperate column.Please help me with the command.Please help Thanks Uma (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert xml to csv

Hi, I have an xml file and I want to convert it with awk in to a csv file Test.xml <Worksheet ss:Name="Map1"> <Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="2" ss:ExpandedRowCount="2" x:FullColumns="1" x:FullRows="1" ss:DefaultColumnWidth="60"> <Row> <Cell><Data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert xml to csv

I need to convert below xml code to csv. I searched other posts as well but this post (_https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/174417-extract-parse-xml-data-statistic-value-csv.html) gives "sed command garbled" error. As of now I have written a long script to do it, but can it be done with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshydv
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert huge .xml file in .csv with specific column.

I have huge xml file in server and i want to convert it to .csv with specific column ... i have search in blog but i didn't get any usefully command. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML file to CSV file

Hi Guys, I am new to Shell scripting and need to convert an XML files to a CSV file. My actual problem is that XML file loading is taking hours and I have decided to convert the XML structure to row based data in a CSV file. My XML file: Message846 can repeat within main loop and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qamar.shahbaz
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert CSV file to nested XML file using UNIX/PERL?

we have a CSV which i need to convert to XML using Perl or Unix shell scripting. I was able to build this XML in oracle database. However, SQL/XML query is running for long time. Hence, I'm considering to write a Perl or shell script to generate this XML file. Basically need to build this XML... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies
XML::Stream::Node(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    XML::Stream::Node(3pm)

NAME
XML::Stream::Node - Functions to make building and parsing the tree easier to work with. SYNOPSIS
Just a collection of functions that do not need to be in memory if you choose one of the other methods of data storage. This creates a hierarchy of Perl objects and provides various methods to manipulate the structure of the tree. It is much like the C library libxml. FORMAT
The result of parsing: <foo><head id="a">Hello <em>there</em></head><bar>Howdy<ref/></bar>do</foo> would be: [ tag: foo att: {} children: [ tag: head att: {id=>"a"} children: [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "Hello " ] [ tag: em children: [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "there" ] ] ] [ tag: bar children: [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "Howdy " ] [ tag: ref ] ] [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "do" ] ] METHODS
new() - creates a new node. If you specify tag, then the root new(tag) tag is set. If you specify data, then cdata is added new(tag,cdata) to the node as well. Returns the created node. get_tag() - returns the root tag of the node. set_tag(tag) - set the root tag of the node to tag. add_child(node) - adds the specified node as a child to the current add_child(tag) node, or creates a new node with the specified tag add_child(tag,cdata) as the root node. Returns the node added. remove_child(node) - removes the child node from the current node. remove_cdata() - removes all of the cdata children from the current node. add_cdata(string) - adds the string as cdata onto the current nodes child list. get_cdata() - returns all of the cdata children concatenated together into one string. get_attrib(attrib) - returns the value of the attrib if it is valid, or returns undef is attrib is not a real attribute. put_attrib(hash) - for each key/value pair specified, create an attribute in the node. remove_attrib(attrib) - remove the specified attribute from the node. add_raw_xml(string,[string,...]) - directly add a string into the XML packet as the last child, with no translation. get_raw_xml() - return all of the XML in a single string, undef if there is no raw XML to include. remove_raw_xml() - remove all raw XML strings. children() - return all of the children of the node in a list. attrib() - returns a hash containing all of the attributes on this node. copy() - return a recursive copy of the node. XPath(path) - run XML::Stream::XPath on this node. XPathCheck(path) - run XML::Stream::XPath on this node and return 1 or 0 to see if it matches or not. GetXML() - return the node in XML string form. AUTHOR
By Ryan Eatmon in June 2002 for http://jabber.org/ Currently maintained by Darian Anthony Patrick. COPYRIGHT
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-01-08 XML::Stream::Node(3pm)