Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Name grouping
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Name grouping Post 302925291 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 15th of November 2014 02:35:46 PM
Old 11-15-2014
A quick fix could be to pipe the output through sort:
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR {a[$1]; next} $NF in a' genes.txt refseq_exons.txt |
sort -k4,4 -k1,1 -k2,3n > output.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep and grouping

i am using the c shell on solaris. directories i'm working with: ls -1d DIV* DIV_dental/ DIV_ibc/ DIV_ifc/ DIV_index/ DIV_pharm/ DIV_sectionI/ DIV_sectionI-title/ DIV_sectionI-toc/ DIV_sectionII-title/ DIV_sectionII-toc/ DIV_standing/ DIV_standing-toc/ DIV_title/ DIV_vision/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effigy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grouping and sorting??

how would I write a command line that creates a new file named stuff.txt in the current working directory which contains the number of directories in the current working directory, followed by the number of empty files in the current working directory, followed by the name of the working directory? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorogon0099
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with data grouping

Hi all, I have a set data as shown below, and i would like to eliminate the name that no children - boy and girl. What is the appropriate command can i use(other than grep)? Please assist... My input: name sex marital status children - boy children - girl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 793589
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grouping lines

Hi all, I have input lines like below: A;100;Paris;City;10;0;0 A;100;Paris;City;0;10;0 A;100;Paris;City in Europe;0;0;20 B;101;London;City;20;0;0 B;101;London;City;0;20;0 B;101;London;City in Europe;0;0;40 I need to group the above lines to: A;100;Paris;City in Europe;10;10;20... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping each 2 lines

Whats a good way to group (by adding a new integer to the front of each line) pairs of lines, such that lines 1 & 2 are group 1, lines 3 & 4 are group 2, etc... ex input: A B C D etc... ex output: 1A 1B 2C 2D etc... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: watingo
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grouping in grep

How do you do grouping in grep? Here's how I tried it at first: egrep 'qualit(y|ies)' /usr/share/dict/words -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `(' I'm using GNUgrep, and I found this on their site. grep regular expression syntax So I tried this: egrep 'qualit\(y\|ies\)'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping

Hi all, I am using following command: perl program.pl input.txt output.txt CUTOFF 3 > groups_3.txt containing program.pl, two files (input.txt, output.txt) and getting output in groups_3.txt: But, I wish to have 30 files corresponding to each CUTOFF ranging from 0 to 30 using the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping and Calculating

Hi All, I want to read the input file and store the output in the Output file. I pasted the sample Input and Output file below. Help me with this. Input file ================================= ITEM1 AAAAA 1 ITEM1 BBBBB 1 ITEM1 CCCCC 1 ITEM2 AAAAA 5 ITEM2 CCCCC 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: humaemo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping and counting

Hello, I would like to group/sort a file of records by a particular field and then count how many records belong in that grouping. For example say I have the following data: 1234|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|AA ABCD|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|AA EFGH|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|BB... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nik44
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with grouping and zipping

Hi can you please help with the below ? source file: Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F19,1 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F20,1 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F23,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/C25,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/X25,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/A23,3 abc,123,dir1/FXX/Z25,3 abc,123,dir1/FXX/Y25,4 I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
3 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)