Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Regex to match Exact port number (netstat command) Post 302925191 by shamrock on Friday 14th of November 2014 12:43:06 PM
Old 11-14-2014
Or you could make it match more precisely with [n]awk...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with an exact match using regex in perl!

Hello Guys, I am trying to make an exact match for an email address entered as an argument, using perl, however, it's not working if I put a "$" in the email address. See the below outputs, Correct Match : bash-2.03$ echo sandy@test.com | perl -wln -e 'print if /(^*\@test.com$)/i'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suffisandy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep regex, match exact string which includes "/" anywhere on line.

I have a file that contains the 2 following lines (from /proc/mounts) /dev/sdc1 /mnt/backup2 xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/backup xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 I need to match the string in the second column exactly so that only one result is returned, e.g. > grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to match ethernet port to network card

hi I juts want to know if there is a command that checks if an ethernet port corresponds to a network card. ex. I have 3 network cards, one is two ports, and the other two 8 ports. How do I know that eth0 corresponds to the the two-port network card and eth9 corresponds to the first 8-port... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: print matched line and exact pattern match

Hi experts, I have a file with regexes which is used for automatic searches on several files (40+ GB). To do some postprocessing with the grep result I need the matching line as well as the match itself. I know that the latter could be achieved with grep's -o option. But I'm not aware of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command with Metacharacter (*) Should match exact filename

Hi, Below is list of files in my directory. -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:58 12345_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59 12346_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59 12347_kms_report.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 Roots Roots 0 Dec 26 06:59... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match exact String with sed command

I have a workaround to the problem i m posting, however if someone wants to look at my query and respond ... i will appreciate. This is in reference to this thread -> https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/267630-extract-between-two-exact-matched-strings.html I have data.txt as... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)