Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help with parsing regex in tripwire for Solaris 10 dfstab Post 302925181 by bathija12 on Friday 14th of November 2014 12:38:42 PM
Old 11-14-2014
Help with parsing regex in tripwire for Solaris 10 dfstab

Help with parsing regex in tripwire:

the rule is" This test verifies that exported file systems do not have the "root=<host>" option specified."

regex that does not work is :

^[^#].*-o[\ \t]+(?=root=\S+|\S+,root=\S+).*

the dfstab looks like this :

# cat /etc/dfs/dfstab

# Place share(1M) commands here for automatic execution
# on entering init state 3.
#
# Issue the command 'svcadm enable network/nfs/server' to
# run the NFS daemon processes and the share commands, after adding
# the very first entry to this file.
#
# share [-F fstype] [ -o options] [-d "<text>"] <pathname> [resource]
# .e.g,
# share -F nfs -o rw=engineering -d "home dirs" /export/home2

---------

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updated /etc/dfs/dfstab

Solaris 8. So i updated dfstab and added computer2.acme.com i.e: share -F nfs rw=computer1.acme.com,computer2.acme.com /export/home how do I get the daemon to recognize the change, without kicking computer1.acme.com off? kill -HUP or /etc/init.d/nfsd stop /etc/init.d/nfsd start or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benq70
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

4. Solaris

dfstab Security Questions

Hello, I am in the middle of a security audit (Soalris 10) and have been given the following directives regarding my dfstab file: The SA will ensure the NFS server is configured to deny client access requests that do not include a userid. The SA will ensure access to exported filesystems... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing expect_out using regex in expect script

Hi, I am trying to write an expect script. Being a newbie in expect, maybee this is a silly doubt but i am stuck here. So essentially , i want the o/p of one router command to be captured . Its something like this Stats Input Rx : 1234 Input Bytes : 3456 My expect script looks ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashy_g
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with parsing regex in tripwire for Solaris 10 dfstab FQDN

Help with parsing regex in tripwire: the rule is" This test verifies that all exported file systems found in /etc/exports specify a fully qualified domain name containing "thecss.com" or a NIS netgroup.." regex that does not work is : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bathija12
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with parsing regex in tripwire

We have regex that we use to parse compliance policies in tripwire. can you please help to correct the regex : policy is "Verify That Exported File Systems Specify the ro (read-only) Option" the regex is ^.*-o+(?!ro+|ro\S+|\S+,ro\S+|\S+,ro+).*$ this does not work. how do we fix it ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bathija12
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing large files in Solaris 11

I have a 1.2G file that contains no newline characters. This is essentially a log file with each entry being exactly 78bits long. The basic format is /DATE/USER/MISC/. The single uniform thing about the file is that that the 8 character is always ":" I worked with smaller files of the same... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with understanding this regex in a Perl script parsing a 'complex' string

Hi, I need some guidance with understanding this Perl script below. I am not the author of the script and the author has not leave any documentation. I supposed it is meant to be 'easy' if you're a Perl or regex guru. I am having problem understanding what regex to use :confused: The script does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
RE_COMP(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							RE_COMP(3)

NAME
re_comp, re_exec - BSD regex functions SYNOPSIS
#define _REGEX_RE_COMP #include <sys/types.h> #include <regex.h> char *re_comp(const char *regex); int re_exec(const char *string); DESCRIPTION
re_comp() is used to compile the null-terminated regular expression pointed to by regex. The compiled pattern occupies a static area, the pattern buffer, which is overwritten by subsequent use of re_comp(). If regex is NULL, no operation is performed and the pattern buffer's contents are not altered. re_exec() is used to assess whether the null-terminated string pointed to by string matches the previously compiled regex. RETURN VALUE
re_comp() returns NULL on successful compilation of regex otherwise it returns a pointer to an appropriate error message. re_exec() returns 1 for a successful match, zero for failure. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +---------------------+---------------+-----------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +---------------------+---------------+-----------+ |re_comp(), re_exec() | Thread safety | MT-Unsafe | +---------------------+---------------+-----------+ CONFORMING TO
4.3BSD. NOTES
These functions are obsolete; the functions documented in regcomp(3) should be used instead. SEE ALSO
regcomp(3), regex(7), GNU regex manual COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 RE_COMP(3)