Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Move file in to directory- script Post 302925148 by primo102 on Friday 14th of November 2014 08:28:27 AM
Old 11-14-2014
Move file in to directory- script

Hi

In directory /mnt/upload I have about 100 000 files (*.png) that have been created during the last six months. Now I need to move them to right folders. eg:
Code:
file created on 2014-10-10 move to directory /mnt/upload/20141010
file created on 2014-11-11 move to directory /mnt/upload/20141111
file created on 2014-08-01 move to directory /mnt/upload/20140801

So the script first creates a directory with the correct name ( format +%Y%m%d) move all files in a day (but only files not directory) in to right directory.

any ideas ?

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 11-14-2014 at 04:52 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory, is this possible? if it is, can someone help me on this? Thanks! God bless! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to MOVE via FTP a directory

Good afternoon! I need to move a bunch of files from an FTP site to my server. However mget *, dele * will not suffice as I cannot guarantee that new files are not uploaded between commands. Roughly, this is what I would like to do: (using a .netrc) ftp somehost bin prompt cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abirdd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that will move a file to a directory with the same name and then rename that file

Hello all. I am new to this forum (and somewhat new to UNIX / LINUX - I started using ubuntu 1 year ago).:b: I have the following problem that I have not been able to figure out how to take care of and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.:confused: I have all of my music stored in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files to a directory according to date

hi all, here is the description to my problem. input parameter: $date1 based on the date i need to select three files starting with audit.log* based on its modified date, a date before, a date after(if its exists). We need to compare the input date to modified date of the file. And then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashrocks
3 Replies

6. Programming

Script for creating a directory & move the .tif files in it.

Hi Team, I have thousands of TIF files which are converted from PDF. Below is a sample of it. LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320001.tif LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320002.tif LH9406_BLANCARAMOS_2012041812103210320003.tif LH9411_ANGENIAHUTCHINSON_2012041812102510250001.tif... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move a file content to another directory

my script is: /u/user/orginal/:#! /bin/ksh find . -name "aur_prog*" -exec grep -il "error" > test.out #awk command to destination directory exit test.out file contain: ./aur_prog1.log ./aur_prog2.log ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roughwal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move latest zip file to another directory

Hi folks, In my application there is a job running which create a .dat file along with it zip file also at unix box location /opt/app/cvf/temp1 so in temp1 directory I have one .dat file and its zip file also. Now since this job runs every day so if a job runs today there will be two files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move file from one directory to other of only particular user?

I written unix script where a pdf file generates. But if the script is used by multiple people at a time it generates same pdf with two different owner names and creating a problem with permission while moving the file. is there a way where i can move the file filtering with the user? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakers646
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
COPYFS-MOUNT(1) 						   User Commands						   COPYFS-MOUNT(1)

NAME
copyfs-mount - mounts a versioned file system SYNOPSIS
copyfs-mount version-directory mount-point DESCRIPTION
This script lets you mount a CopyFS file system. version-directory is the directory where the files and version information will be stored by CopyFS. When using CopyFS for the first time, copyfs-mount will create the required files in the version-directory before running copyfs-daemon. mount-point is the directory where the copyfs file system will be mounted. This is where the users will have access to the files. If you want to mount a CopyFS at '/mnt/fs', whose version directory is at /var/versions, you would use: root@host# copyfs-mount /var/versions /mnt/fs To unmount it, simply do: root@host# umount /mnt/fs As you would do for any other filesystem. You can also allow an ordinary non-root users to mount and unmount CopyFS filesystems provided that the user is added to the 'fuse' group. Ordinary users will be able unmount the filesystem, using the fusermount command: $ fusermount -u mount-point AUTHORS
CopyFS was created by Thomas Joubert and Nicolas Vigier <boklm@mars-attacks.org> LINKS
<http://n0x.org/copyfs/> CopyFS web site. <http://fuse.sourceforge.net/> FUSE - Filesystem in USErspace SEE ALSO
copyfs(1), copyfs-fversion(1), copyfs-daemon(1), fusermount(1) copyfs-mount May 2008 COPYFS-MOUNT(1)