Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX server showing high memory utilization Post 302925129 by ssk250 on Friday 14th of November 2014 06:42:32 AM
Old 11-14-2014
Yes the swapmem_on was set to 1 on other machines too.

It was last rebooted @224 days before

Code:
uptime
 11:38am  up 224 days,  5:44,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.05, 0.04

As I already asked before can you explain about these queries

1. Will the memory assigned to Buffer cache(dbc_max_pct) can be used by normal process when required or else it will be reserved only for Buffer Cache itself?

2. How to check the amount of actual memory being used by buffer cache irrespective of the value(dbc_max_pct) assigned to it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

High CPU utilization

Hi am facing high cpu utilization on my sybase server. I have P550 Number Of Processors: 4 Processor Clock Speed: 1656 MHz CPU Type: 64-bit Kernel Type: 32-bit LPAR Info: 1 65-D837E Memory Size: 7840 MB in topas it shows Name PID CPU% PgSp Owner dataserv 565264 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to find and kill a process with high memory utilization

Hi Unix Gurus i am somewhat new to unix scripting so need your help to create a script as below. # This script would find the process consuming memory beyond a certain #limit. if the meemory consumption is more than 100% for a period of 1 # minute for the specific process. the script would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinforlinux
0 Replies

3. AIX

Memory utilization of my Server

Hi, i have two oracle instances running on my server with 7.5G RAM but it is showing almost 99% memory is full as you can see bellow. # svmon size inuse free pin virtual memory 1974272 1954270 20002 336595 1800652 pg space 4194304 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmanucit
7 Replies

4. AIX

Find Memory Utilization in AIX Server

How to find the memory utilization of AIX server using svmon -G output. Sample output for svmon -G command from my AIX test server, size inuse free pin virtual memory 4014080 3995443 18637 575916 1876393 pg space 1179648 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthu
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Memory conmsumption by Java server is very high on Linux compared to Soalris

Hello All, We have a jave server running on both linux and Solaris environments. On solaris,it consumes only 600-700MB whereas it goes upto 21G in Linux. I am monitoring the memory consumption through top command. Is this high memory consumption expected in Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasperl
1 Replies

6. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

7. Solaris

High Memory Utilization

Hello Guys, I have one Solaris server with high memory utilization >90%. As per checking, below is the output for memory usage. bash-3.00# ps -efo pmem,uid,pid,ppid,pcpu,comm | sort -r %MEM UID PID PPID %CPU COMMAND 1.7 29496 20668 1 0.0 /opt/app/iw-home/tools/java/bin/java 1.5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Java process showing high virtual memory

Hi All, I have a java process which is showing high virtual memory utilization in client server. But the same process is showing comparitively lesser virtual memory consumption. I understand that virtual memory shown is not of much importance for the general user in normal condition, my client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mritusmoi
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications

Hi, i am new to linux/RHEL 6.0 and i have two questions. 1) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Services running currently? 2) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Applications running currently? Please help me to find the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nossam
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server showing high Sys% CPU usage

Hi Fellas, Not sure how I can dig in even further but we notice that one of our DB servers is showing high Sys% CPU usage even though when I execute the following command : I can see that postgres is the only one using the CPU. So if anyone can advise me what would be the best way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
3 Replies
dbc_max_pct(5)							     OBSOLETED							    dbc_max_pct(5)

NAME
dbc_max_pct, dbc_min_pct, bufcache_max_pct, bufpages, nbuf - OBSOLETED kernel tunable parameter DESCRIPTION
These tunables have been obsoleted and removed. Do not make any changes to these tunables, as they have no effect on the kernel. Use the file cache tunables and (see filecache_max(5)). In previous releases, the tunables and were used to set limits to the dynamic buffer cache, and the tunables and were used for tuning the buffer cache when a static cache was desired. This release of HP-UX offers improved file caching technology and improved physical memory control associated to caching file I/O data. The number of tunable parameters used to control file caching memory usage is reduced from five to two, and previous usability issues are addressed. Restrictions on Changing These tunables should not be modified. Attempting to tune any of the obsolete buffer cache tunables, or results in an error. Use the tunables and to set limits on the file cache. Note that, on a any given system, the optimum values of these two new tunables are not necessarily equivalent to the optimum values of the obsolete buffer cache tunable values in the older systems. You should first deter- mine if the new default values yield acceptable performance on your system, before attempting to change the values of the new file cache tunables. AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
filecache_max(5). Kernel Tunable Parameter dbc_max_pct(5)