Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Split one file to many based on pattern Post 302925101 by RudiC on Friday 14th of November 2014 03:02:28 AM
Old 11-14-2014
Just in case the input file does not start with an "A" record, try
Code:
 awk '/^A/ || NR==1 { if(F) close(F); F=sprintf("%s%d", NAME, ++N) } { print > F }' NAME="File" inputfile

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file based on pattern in awk, grep, sed or perl

Hi All, Can someone please help me write a script for the following requirement in awk, grep, sed or perl. Buuuu xxx bbb Kmmmm rrr ssss uuuu Kwwww zzzz ccc Roooowwww eeee Bxxxx jjjj dddd Kuuuu eeeee nnnn Rpppp cccc vvvv cccc Rhhhhhhyyyy tttt Lhhhh rrrrrssssss Bffff mmmm iiiii Ktttt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarn
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File Based on Line Number Pattern

Hello all. Sorry, I know this question is similar to many others, but I just can seem to put together exactly what I need. My file is tab delimitted and contains approximately 1 million rows. I would like to send lines 1,4,& 7 to a file. Lines 2, 5, & 8 to a second file. Lines 3, 6, & 9 to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankster
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file based on a pattern

Dear all, I have a large file which is composed of 8000 frames, what i would like to do is split the file into 8000 single files names file.pdb.1, file.pdb.2 etc etc each frame in the large file is seperated by a "ENDMDL" flag so my thinking is to use this flag a a point to split the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mish_99
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files based on the input pattern

I have a file with lines something like. ...... 123_start ...... ....... 123_end .... ..... 456_start ...... ..... 456_end .... ..... 789_start .... .... 789_end (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split XML file into multiple files based on pattern

Hello, I am using awk to split a file into multiple files using command: nawk '{ if ( $1 == "<process" ) { n=split($2, arr, "\""); file=arr } print > file }' processes.xml <process name="Process1.process"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file based on pattern and size

Hello, I have a large file (2GB) that I would like to split based on pattern and size. I've used the following command to split the file (token is "HELLO") awk '/HELLO/{i++}{print > "file"i}' input.txt and the output is similar to the following (i included filesize in KB): 10 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the file based on pattern

Hi , I have huge files around 400 mb, which has clob data and have diffeent scenarios: I am trying to pass scenario number as parameter and and get required modified file based on the scenario number and criteria. Scenario 1: file name : scenario_1.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a huge 7 GB File Based on Pattern into 4 files

Hi, I have a Huge 7 GB file which has around 1 million records, i want to split this file into 4 files to contain around 250k messages each. Please help me as Split command cannot work here as it might miss tags.. Format of the file is as below <!--###### ###### START-->... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KishM
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file based on pattern line number?

Hi i have requirement like below M <form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM i want split file based on line number by finding... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a text file into multiple pages based on pattern

Hi, I have a text file (attached the sample). I have also, attached the way the way the files need to be split. We get this file, that will either have 24 Jurisdictions, or will miss some and retain some. Like in the attached sample file, there are only Jurisdictions 03,11,14,15, 20 and 30.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebsus
3 Replies
vxdarestore(1M) 														   vxdarestore(1M)

NAME
vxdarestore - restore simple or nopriv disk access records SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxdarestore DESCRIPTION
The vxdarestore utility is used to restore persistent simple or nopriv disk access (da) records that have failed due to changing the naming scheme used by vxconfigd from c#t#d#-based to enclosure-based. The use of vxdarestore is required if you use the vxdiskadm command to change from the c#t#d#-based to the enclosure-based naming scheme. As a result, some existing persistent simple or nopriv disks go into the "error" state and the VxVM objects on those disks fail. vxdarestore may be used to restore the disk access records that have failed. The utility also recovers the VxVM objects on the failed disk access records. Note: vxdarestore may only be run when vxconfigd is using the enclosure-based naming scheme. Note: You can use the command vxdisk list da_name to discover whether a disk access record is persistent. The record is non-persistent if the flags field includes the flag autoconfig; otherwise it is persistent. The following sections describe how to use the vxdarestore utility under various conditions. Persistent Simple/Nopriv Disks in the rootdg Disk Group If all persistent simple or nopriv disks in the rootdg disk group go into the "error" state, use the following procedure: 1. Use the vxdiskadm command to change back to the c#t#d# based naming scheme. 2. Either shut down and reboot the host, or run the following command: vxconfigd -kr reset 3. If you want to use the enclosure-based naming scheme, add a non-persistent simple disk to the rootdg disk group, use vxdiskadm to change to the enclosure-based naming scheme, and then run vxdarestore. Note: If not all the disks in rootdg go into the error state, simply running vxdarestore restores those disks in the error state and the objects that that they contain. Persistent Simple/Nopriv Disks in Disk Groups other than rootdg If all disk access records in an imported disk group consist only of persistent simple and/or nopriv disks, the disk group is put in the "online dgdisabled" state after changing to the enclosure-based naming scheme. For such disk groups, perform the following steps: 1. Deport the disk group using the following command: vxdg deport diskgroup 2. Run the vxdarestore command. 3. Re-import the disk group using the following command: vxdg import diskgroup NOTES
Use of the vxdarestore command is not required in the following cases: o If there are no persistent simple or nopriv disk access records on an HP-UX host. o If all devices on which simple or nopriv disks are present are not automatically configurable by VxVM. For example, third-party drivers export devices that are not automatically configured by VxVM. VxVM objects on simple/nopriv disks created from such disks are not affected by switching to the enclosure based naming scheme. The vxdarestore command does not handle the following cases: o If the enclosure-based naming scheme is in use and the vxdmpadm command is used to change the name of an enclosure, the disk access names of all devices in that enclosure are also changed. As a result, any persistent simple/nopriv disks in the enclosure are put into the "error" state, and VxVM objects configured on those disks fail. o If the enclosure-based naming scheme is in use and the system is rebooted after making hardware configuration changes to the host. This may change the disk access names and cause some persistent simple/nopriv disks to be put into the "error" state. o If the enclosure-based naming scheme is in use, the device discovery layer claims some disks under the JBOD category, and the vxdd- ladm rmjbod command is used to remove remove support for the JBOD category for disks from a particular vendor. As a result of the consequent name change, disks with persistent disk access records are put into the "error" state, and VxVM objects configured on those disks fail. EXIT CODES
A zero exit status is returned if the operation is successful or if no actions were necessary. An exit status of 1 is returned if vxdare- store is run while vxconfigd is using the c#t#d# naming scheme. An exit status of 2 is returned if vxconfigd is not running. SEE ALSO
vxconfigd(1M), vxdg(1M), vxdisk(1M), vxdiskadm(1M), vxdmpadm(1M), vxintro(1M), vxreattach(1M), vxrecover(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdarestore(1M)