Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Recommendation for hardware to run SCO OSR 5.0.7 natively Post 302925071 by migurus on Thursday 13th of November 2014 07:06:25 PM
Old 11-13-2014
Recommendation for hardware to run SCO OSR 5.0.7 natively

Looking for a modern server to run SCO OSR 5.0.7 without VM (native), h/w must have manufacturers warranty.

Requirements would be to accommodate light loads of up to 15 users, app does not take more than 30 - 40 MB of RAM and data stored takes up to 15 - 20 GB, no internet connections needed, all users connected on the intranet LAN.

Your recommendations would be appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netscape - What version will run on SCO Unix v3.2 2 Release 5

This question has been resolved. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: system77
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Hardware Recommendation

My J-Class system seems to have killed its onboard NIC. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a *cost effective* :p NIC for this machine? I am currently running 11i v1 on it, and have available PCI-X 5v slots. Alternatively, perhaps someone knows of where I might find a list of supported... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ipaddict
1 Replies

3. Linux

What hardware will LINUX run on 386/486 ?

I'm really new to this and I want to learn UNIX/LINUX and saw the post about setting up a server to use everyday to practice. I have an old 386 PC and a 486 PC sitting around. Can they be reformatted and used to run UNIX/LINUX on as a network. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barkingmad
4 Replies

4. SCO

Can I run Perkin Elmer software on SCO ?

can i run software run in SCO open desktop 2.0 in SCO open server 5 or 6 thank you for help me (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
22 Replies

5. SCO

Migrate SCO 5.0.6 to different hardware

hi Howto migrate SCO Unix 5.0.6 to different hardware? I'd like to try using Acronis. Which Acronis Version support SCO Unix 5.0.6? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
14 Replies

6. SCO

I need a box to run SCO 3.2 5.0.5 i386 with...

need it to be able to run Seagate STT8000A tape drive. Any suggestions where to go. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Gomes
5 Replies

7. SCO

OSR 5.0.7 need to block a specific IP

There are huge number of messages in syslog suggesting one of the client's IP is trying to telnet/ssh/pop/imap into the OSR5.0.7 system, it happens every minute or so, see a snippet below Oct 9 13:11:20 myhost popper: (null) at 192.168.1.123 (192.168.1.123): -ERR POP EOF or I/O Error: 25... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies

8. SCO

SCO 5.0.7v VM Hardware

I run SCO 5.0.7v in ESXi 5.5 and am looking at ways to increase performance. I notice that the VM hardware is still set to 4 and wondered if there was an advantage in raising it or will this cause issues? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stewartg
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
xpaopen(3)							SAORD Documentation							xpaopen(3)

NAME
XPAOpen - allocate a persistent client handle SYNOPSIS
#include <xpa.h> XPA XPAOpen(char *mode); DESCRIPTION
XPAOpen() allocates a persistent XPA struct that can be used with calls to XPAGet(), XPASet(), XPAInfo(), XPAGetFd(), and XPASetFd(). Per- sistence means that a connection to an XPA server is not closed when one of the above calls is completed but will be re-used on successive calls. Using XPAOpen() therefore saves the time it takes to connect to a server, which could be significant with slow connections or if there will be a large number of exchanges with a given access point. The mode argument currently is ignored ("reserved for future use"). An XPA struct is returned if XPAOpen() was successful; otherwise NULL is returned. This returned struct can be passed as the first argument to XPAGet(), etc. Those calls will update the list of active XPA connections. Already connected servers (from a previous call) are left connected and new servers also will be connected. Old servers (from a previous call) that are no longer needed are disconnected. The con- nected servers will remain connected when the next call to XPAGet() is made and connections are once again updated. Example - #include <xpa.h> XPA xpa; xpa = XPAOpen(NULL); SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpaopen(3)