Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running Post 302924935 by vijaymec50 on Thursday 13th of November 2014 05:56:15 AM
Old 11-13-2014
Yes oracle user has the permission to write in that log.

but no log file is even created which means it didn't run at all.

how to check system log+ also we dont receive mails

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job entry not running

Hi, I am facing this problem . My Cronjob entry is not running !!! I am having Sun solaris 9 and cronjob entry is "45 1 * * * /safedir/rdns/opt/RDNS1.1Scripts/drpl_audit_log_script.sh_orig > /dev/null 2>&1" Now when I try to look in the output log files it creates, it is some file with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkapil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl crontab entry not working

Hi I have a perl script which used 'glance' command to return all the processes with the thread count. It is working fine when it is executed as a command, but as a crontab entry, the perl script is not getting executed. thdcnt.pl #!/usr/bin/perl my $cmd=`glance -bootup -adviser_only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manaac
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to Setup cron entry in Crontab

how to schedule a job in cron on last sunday of every month?:mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tp2115
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab entry is not working

Hi I am trying to test the crontab entry by setting time as below ( set ahead more than 3min before saving the cron) crontab entry: 30 15 1-27 * * && (cd /scripts;./script.csh.prod.UAT /dev/null 2>&1) But this is not working, but below one is working. 30 15 1-27 * * (cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add cron job in /etc/crontab

Hi, How to add a cron job in /etc/crontab using a shell script.??:confused: Actually the requirement is we need to run a script say, XXX.sh every 10 min through “cron”. That can be achieved by adding the below code line in the /etc/crontab , (i.e., “crontab -e ” command to add this to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedeepthi
4 Replies

6. Solaris

crontab entry not working

Hi, I have added the script entry into crontab by using crontab -e. 30 * * * * /scripts/info.pl $HOME/GCSS/logs > /dev/null 2>&1 But its not working yet. Note: When i was added the script by the time I have faced issue as below 1) If I use crontab -l then i got cant open the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron JOb Entry

Hi All, i have a folder in a server say xxx.xx.xx.xx\abcd\efgh. i want to make a cron job entry so that i would get a mail (me@example.com) on business days. will this help me... 30 4 * * 1-5 cd \abcd\efgh|ls-ltr|mailx:me@example.comhttps://www.unix.com/images/editor/code.png (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking crontab job entry in 3 different hosts

Hi Gurus, I am trying to connect to remote host from current host to check crontab entries. I have started like this ssh -n -l db2psp 205.191.156.17 ". ~/.profile >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; cd log ;ls | wc -l" I got this error ? ssh: connect to host 205.191.156.17 port 22:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron entry not running

Hi I have one entry in my crontab that do not run, in cron, but it runs manually: 53 7 * * * /moneta_polled01/download/./get_dealer.sh 55 7 * * * /moneta_polled01/download/./mov_dealer.sh The first entry do not run automatically, but it runs manually. The second entry runs... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
12 Replies
strerr(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 strerr(8)

NAME
strerr - Receives error messages from the STREAMS log driver SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/strerr [-a sys_admin_mail_name] [-d logdir] PARAMETERS
Specifies the mail name of the user to receive the message via mail. This is the system administrator by default. Specifies the directory to contain the error log file. This is /var/adm/streams by default. DESCRIPTION
The strerr daemon receives error messages from the STREAMS log driver (strlog) for addition to the STREAMS error log files (error.mm.dd) in the STREAMS error logger directory (/var/adm/streams by default). When first called, the strerr daemon creates the log file error.mm.dd. This is a daily log file, where mm indicates the month and dd indicates the day of the logged messages. The strerr daemon then appends each error message that it subsequently receives from the STREAMS log driver to the log file. STREAMS error log messages have the following format: seq_num std_time ticks_time flags mod_ID sub_ID msg_text where: The error sequence number. The time the message was sent, in the format hh:mm:ss. The time the message was sent, measured in machine ticks since the last boot. Can be any of the following indicators: Indicates that the message has also been saved in the process's trace log. Indi- cates that the message signaled a fatal error. Indicates that the message is to be sent to the system administrator or specified user via mail. The module identification number of the trace message source. The subidentification number of the trace message source. The trace message text. The strerr daemon will run continuously until terminated by the user. FILES
The error log file or files on which strerr operates. NOTES
Only one strerr process can open the STREAMS log driver at a time. This restriction is intended to maximize performance. The STREAMS error logging mechanism works best when it is not overused. The strerr daemon can degrade STREAMS performance by affecting the response, throughput, and other behaviors of the drivers and modules that invoke it. The daemon will also fail to capture messages if drivers and modules generate messages at a higher rate than its optimum read rate. Missing sequence numbers among the messages in a log file indicate that messages have been lost. RELATED INFORMATION
Interfaces: strlog(7). delim off strerr(8)