Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running Post 302924931 by vijaymec50 on Thursday 13th of November 2014 05:13:17 AM
Old 11-13-2014
It doesnot run at the time and it never runs as i see the log file is not even being created

---------- Post updated at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:12 AM ----------

Yes no mail. the user is oracle. the log file is not being created.

can you help me fixing this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job entry not running

Hi, I am facing this problem . My Cronjob entry is not running !!! I am having Sun solaris 9 and cronjob entry is "45 1 * * * /safedir/rdns/opt/RDNS1.1Scripts/drpl_audit_log_script.sh_orig > /dev/null 2>&1" Now when I try to look in the output log files it creates, it is some file with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkapil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl crontab entry not working

Hi I have a perl script which used 'glance' command to return all the processes with the thread count. It is working fine when it is executed as a command, but as a crontab entry, the perl script is not getting executed. thdcnt.pl #!/usr/bin/perl my $cmd=`glance -bootup -adviser_only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manaac
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to Setup cron entry in Crontab

how to schedule a job in cron on last sunday of every month?:mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tp2115
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab entry is not working

Hi I am trying to test the crontab entry by setting time as below ( set ahead more than 3min before saving the cron) crontab entry: 30 15 1-27 * * && (cd /scripts;./script.csh.prod.UAT /dev/null 2>&1) But this is not working, but below one is working. 30 15 1-27 * * (cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add cron job in /etc/crontab

Hi, How to add a cron job in /etc/crontab using a shell script.??:confused: Actually the requirement is we need to run a script say, XXX.sh every 10 min through “cron”. That can be achieved by adding the below code line in the /etc/crontab , (i.e., “crontab -e ” command to add this to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedeepthi
4 Replies

6. Solaris

crontab entry not working

Hi, I have added the script entry into crontab by using crontab -e. 30 * * * * /scripts/info.pl $HOME/GCSS/logs > /dev/null 2>&1 But its not working yet. Note: When i was added the script by the time I have faced issue as below 1) If I use crontab -l then i got cant open the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron JOb Entry

Hi All, i have a folder in a server say xxx.xx.xx.xx\abcd\efgh. i want to make a cron job entry so that i would get a mail (me@example.com) on business days. will this help me... 30 4 * * 1-5 cd \abcd\efgh|ls-ltr|mailx:me@example.comhttps://www.unix.com/images/editor/code.png (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking crontab job entry in 3 different hosts

Hi Gurus, I am trying to connect to remote host from current host to check crontab entries. I have started like this ssh -n -l db2psp 205.191.156.17 ". ~/.profile >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; cd log ;ls | wc -l" I got this error ? ssh: connect to host 205.191.156.17 port 22:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron entry not running

Hi I have one entry in my crontab that do not run, in cron, but it runs manually: 53 7 * * * /moneta_polled01/download/./get_dealer.sh 55 7 * * * /moneta_polled01/download/./mov_dealer.sh The first entry do not run automatically, but it runs manually. The second entry runs... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
12 Replies
SEIVOT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SEIVOT(1)

NAME
seivot - benchmark backup application (obnam) SYNOPSIS
seivot [--benchmark-fsck] [--config=FILE] [--description=TEXT] [--drop-caches] [--dump-config] [--dump-memory-profile=METHOD] [--dump-setting-names] [--encrypt-with=KEYID] [--file-size=SIZE] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [--generations=COUNT] [-h] [--help] [--incremental-data=SIZE] [--initial-data=SIZE] [--larch-branch=LARCH-BRANCH] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--log-mode=MODE] [--no-default-configs] [--obnam-branch=OBNAM-BRANCH] [--obnam-config=FILE] [--obnam-profile=NAMEPATTERN] [--output=FILE] [--profile-name=PROFILE-NAME] [--program=PROGRAM] [--sftp-delay=SFTP-DELAY] [--use-existing=DIR] [--use-sftp-repository] [--use-sftp-root] [--verify] [--version] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
seivot benchmarks a backup application. It has been written primarily for obnam(1), but could be extended for other backup applications. seivot generates some live data using genbackupdata(1), and then runs the backup application. It then generates some more live data, and runs a second backup generation, etc. It stores the measurements in an output file. See seivots-summary(1) for a tool to show data from such files in a tabular fashion. (seivot does not itself show the tabular data, because one is rarely interested in the output from just one run, and instead wants to contrast it with other runs). OPTIONS
--benchmark-fsck benchmark fsck? --config=FILE add FILE to config files --description=TEXT free-form description of this backup run --drop-caches clear Linux kernel cache before running commands (will ask for sudo pasword --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-memory-profile=METHOD make memory profiling dumps using METHOD, which is one of: none, simple, meliae, or heapy (default: simple) --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --encrypt-with=KEYID encrypt backups with KEYID --file-size=SIZE size of files to create --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE --generations=COUNT total number of generations to measure (5) -h, --help show this help message and exit --incremental-data=SIZE add SIZE live data for additional generations (1024) --initial-data=SIZE size of initial live data (1024) --larch-branch=LARCH-BRANCH bzr branch from which to use larch (default is installed larch) --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE (default is to not write log files at all); use "syslog" to log to system log, or "none" to disable log- ging --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --log-mode=MODE set permissions of new log files to MODE (octal; default 0600) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --obnam-branch=OBNAM-BRANCH bzr branch from which to run obnam (default is installed obnam) --obnam-config=FILE use FILE as an Obnam configuration file --obnam-profile=NAMEPATTERN store Python profiling output in files named after NAMEPATTERN (no profiling, unless set); %(foo)s in pattern gets filled in, where foo is op (for backup/restore/etc), gen, or order (cumulative/time) --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output --profile-name=PROFILE-NAME name of backup use-case profile name (for documentation purposes only) --program=PROGRAM program to benchmark (obnam) --sftp-delay=SFTP-DELAY add an artificial delay (in milliseconds) to all SFTP transfers --use-existing=DIR use exiting DIR for initial generation --use-sftp-repository access backup repository over the network via sftp --use-sftp-root access backup repository over the network via sftp --verify verify restored data --version show program's version number and exit EXAMPLE
To run a simple benchmark: seivot --initial-data=10G --incremental-data=1G SEE ALSO
seivots-summary(1), obnam(1). SEIVOT(1)