Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX System monitoring with RMC/RSCT Post 302924929 by zaxxon on Thursday 13th of November 2014 04:57:51 AM
Old 11-13-2014
Thanks for sharing. I am aware what can be done as alternative and did so already extensive in my former environment together with my former colleague -=xray=-.
I was just curious if anyone ever used it but it seems about no one does.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring system available time

Hi, I am new to Unix. I have an application which i need to monitor it for the available system time. If the system is down, i need to send an email notifying the downtime. Can someone provide a sample code or shell script to perform the above activity. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: borncrazy
3 Replies

2. Programming

system monitoring api

Hi all, I am looking for api to get me system monitoring statictics every 5 minutes. I am looking at the following statistics: 1. System CPU Usage 2. Process CPU Usage 3. Process Memory Usage 4. I/O Usage for a certain disk. 5. Process I/O bytes/sec utilization. I have seen very... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiqbal
4 Replies

3. AIX

Install fileset rsct.basic.rte

Hello! Please I need a help. AIX 5.2 5200-08 I don't have the fileset - rsct.basic.* installed and when I try to install from CD I have failure because some pre-requisists is necessary. In CD the version is rsct.basic.rte.2.3.1.0 and the pre-requisists is rsct.basic.rte.2.3.0.0. In... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: clefeitosa
6 Replies

4. AIX

AIX system monitoring

Hi All, I am new to administration. can any one pls tell me how can i accomplish the follwoing task in AIX : 1.The overall %CPU used, the %CPU used of each CPU, the overall Real Memory in KB is used, the total Real Memory is installed in the host, the overall Virtual Memory in KB is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

system monitoring script

Hi, Does anyone have an example system monitoring script to monitor drives, memory, etc. Need a good example. Cheers Walnutpony (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
4 Replies

6. Linux

Best Linux monitoring system

Hi all, I'm looking for the best tool to monitor the Linux system. I've found a lot of interesting tools searching the web but I didn't find one which can do all the requirments (like a one in all tool). I would prefer it to include a command line interface also. Thank you, Andreea (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreea9322
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Best system monitoring for Linux

Hi all, I'm looking for the best tool to monitor the Linux system. I've found a lot of interesting tools searching the web but I didn't find one which can do all the requirments (like a one in all tool). I would prefer it to include a command line interface also. Thank you, Andreea (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andreea9322
1 Replies

8. AIX

LPAR RMC state for DLPAR

Hello, I have checked the state of rmc on the HMC as below: HMC1:~> lssyscfg -r lpar -m Server-xxx -F lpar_id,state,rmc_state,rmc_ipaddr,os_version,dlpar_mem_capable,dlpar_proc_capable,dlpar_io_capable --filter "lpar_ids=4" 4,Running,inactive,10.176.x.x,VIOS 2.2.6.51,0,0,0 HMC1:~> lssyscfg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
2 Replies
PAM_ENV(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual							PAM_ENV(8)

NAME
pam_env - PAM module to set/unset environment variables SYNOPSIS
pam_env.so [debug] [conffile=conf-file] [envfile=env-file] [readenv=0|1] [user_envfile=env-file] [user_readenv=0|1] DESCRIPTION
The pam_env PAM module allows the (un)setting of environment variables. Supported is the use of previously set environment variables as well as PAM_ITEMs such as PAM_RHOST. By default rules for (un)setting of variables is taken from the config file /etc/security/pam_env.conf if no other file is specified. This module can also parse a file with simple KEY=VAL pairs on separate lines (/etc/environment by default). You can change the default file to parse, with the envfile flag and turn it on or off by setting the readenv flag to 1 or 0 respectively. Since setting of PAM environment variables can have side effects to other modules, this module should be the last one on the stack. OPTIONS
conffile=/path/to/pam_env.conf Indicate an alternative pam_env.conf style configuration file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments. debug A lot of debug information is printed with syslog(3). envfile=/path/to/environment Indicate an alternative environment file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments. readenv=0|1 Turns on or off the reading of the file specified by envfile (0 is off, 1 is on). By default this option is on. user_envfile=filename Indicate an alternative .pam_environment file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments. The filename is relative to the user home directory. user_readenv=0|1 Turns on or off the reading of the user specific environment file. 0 is off, 1 is on. By default this option is on. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
The auth and session module types are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_ABORT Not all relevant data or options could be gotten. PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE No pam_env.conf and environment file was found. PAM_SUCCESS Environment variables were set. FILES
/etc/security/pam_env.conf Default configuration file /etc/environment Default environment file $HOME/.pam_environment User specific environment file SEE ALSO
pam_env.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7). AUTHOR
pam_env was written by Dave Kinchlea <kinch@kinch.ark.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ENV(8)