Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to untar the below file?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to untar the below file? Post 302924926 by vbe on Thursday 13th of November 2014 04:42:40 AM
Old 11-13-2014
well if there is a big file...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unTar a specific file from remote

During tar, the command used is tar cvf - * | remsh system_name dd of=/dev/rmt/0m bs=10k To untar all, we used remsh system_name "dd if=/dev/rmt/0m ibs=10k" | tar xvf - Question? How to untar a specific file from remote? Thanks alot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Untar a TAR file at different location

Hi, I want to UNTAR a TAR file at different location. Is it possible? My TAR file contains the files with absolute path. Malay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

untar to a specified file

I have file1.tar and want to untar it under /server/file2. If I do tar -xvf file1.tar, the files will be deployed under file1. How to specify the destination folder?? thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

unable to UNTAR a file

Hi frens, I have to install samba on UNIX box for that i have downloaded the samba file from netand now trying to untar that file and getting following error: # tar -xvf samba-3.0.28a.tar.gz UX:tar: ERROR: Directory checksum error even i checked many times by again downloading the file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I untar file through an ssh session?

Hi All, How do I untar (tar xvf) a file through an ssh session? I have a tar file with "relative path names". I scp the file to a remote host:/tmp - no prob. But when I untar the file through ssh from a remote host it puts it in my "home directory" under the relative path - not in /tmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe McCaughan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to untar latest tar file

I am trying to put together a script that will check for the latest file in a directory then extract it. The extraction and the scheduling I can do, but am not sure how to get it to check for the latest file. These files are uploaded every evening by an external party and the previous days files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stheologo
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

untar a tar file

how can I untar a file without extracting it? sample: file.tar to file thanks, lara (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

untar a single file from down in the tree

I have a tar file that I need to extract a single file to the current directory. The file I want to extract is located in the tar at the following path inside the tar file: repository/parts/SDCG.tgz I use the following command to extract the file: tar xf delivery.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpinsky
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to untar file

Hello Experts, I have requirement in which a file is present in the folder_test. In that folder there is file called Test.tar.gz.20111102. Now my requirement is i have to rename this file to someother format and untar it.... folder_test Test.tar.gz.20111102 I am using the below... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to untar a file in HP UX!

Hi, I have been trying to untar this file hello.tar which consists of 3 files but nothing happens: eux750{root}# tar -xvf hello.tar x /hello, 8405 bytes, 17 tape blocks Why am I not able to see the untarred files.:wall: Thanks to help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: terminator
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)