Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running Post 302924885 by vijaymec50 on Wednesday 12th of November 2014 11:45:22 PM
Old 11-13-2014
Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running

I have put a cron entry in oracle user for taking hot backup every wednesday@ 2.30 AM and have given the cron entry

Code:
30 02 * * 3 /u01/vijay/hotbackupcron 2>&1 >> /u01/vijay/hotbackup.log

also find below the script inside hotbackupcron, i have put in env variables as well

Code:
#!/bin/bash
ORACLE_BASE=/u02/app/oracle; export ORACLE_BASE
ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/10.2.0/test; export ORACLE_HOME
ORACLE_SID=test; export ORACLE_SID
ORACLE_TERM=xterm; export ORACLE_TERM
PATH=/usr/sbin:$PATH; export PATH
PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH; export PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/lib:/usr/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/JRE:$ORACLE_HOME/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlib; export CLASSPATH
cd /u01/vijay
sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF
conn / as sysdba
@hotbackup
exit
EOF

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This cron entry is not working at the specified time, please let me know what is the mistake I am doing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job entry not running

Hi, I am facing this problem . My Cronjob entry is not running !!! I am having Sun solaris 9 and cronjob entry is "45 1 * * * /safedir/rdns/opt/RDNS1.1Scripts/drpl_audit_log_script.sh_orig > /dev/null 2>&1" Now when I try to look in the output log files it creates, it is some file with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkapil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl crontab entry not working

Hi I have a perl script which used 'glance' command to return all the processes with the thread count. It is working fine when it is executed as a command, but as a crontab entry, the perl script is not getting executed. thdcnt.pl #!/usr/bin/perl my $cmd=`glance -bootup -adviser_only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manaac
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to Setup cron entry in Crontab

how to schedule a job in cron on last sunday of every month?:mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tp2115
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab entry is not working

Hi I am trying to test the crontab entry by setting time as below ( set ahead more than 3min before saving the cron) crontab entry: 30 15 1-27 * * && (cd /scripts;./script.csh.prod.UAT /dev/null 2>&1) But this is not working, but below one is working. 30 15 1-27 * * (cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add cron job in /etc/crontab

Hi, How to add a cron job in /etc/crontab using a shell script.??:confused: Actually the requirement is we need to run a script say, XXX.sh every 10 min through “cron”. That can be achieved by adding the below code line in the /etc/crontab , (i.e., “crontab -e ” command to add this to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedeepthi
4 Replies

6. Solaris

crontab entry not working

Hi, I have added the script entry into crontab by using crontab -e. 30 * * * * /scripts/info.pl $HOME/GCSS/logs > /dev/null 2>&1 But its not working yet. Note: When i was added the script by the time I have faced issue as below 1) If I use crontab -l then i got cant open the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron JOb Entry

Hi All, i have a folder in a server say xxx.xx.xx.xx\abcd\efgh. i want to make a cron job entry so that i would get a mail (me@example.com) on business days. will this help me... 30 4 * * 1-5 cd \abcd\efgh|ls-ltr|mailx:me@example.comhttps://www.unix.com/images/editor/code.png (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking crontab job entry in 3 different hosts

Hi Gurus, I am trying to connect to remote host from current host to check crontab entries. I have started like this ssh -n -l db2psp 205.191.156.17 ". ~/.profile >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; cd log ;ls | wc -l" I got this error ? ssh: connect to host 205.191.156.17 port 22:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron entry not running

Hi I have one entry in my crontab that do not run, in cron, but it runs manually: 53 7 * * * /moneta_polled01/download/./get_dealer.sh 55 7 * * * /moneta_polled01/download/./mov_dealer.sh The first entry do not run automatically, but it runs manually. The second entry runs... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
12 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_oracle - Manages an Oracle Database instance SYNOPSIS
oracle [start | stop | status | monitor | validate-all | methods | meta-data] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for oracle. Manages an Oracle Database instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
sid The Oracle SID (aka ORACLE_SID). (required, string, no default) home The Oracle home directory (aka ORACLE_HOME). If not specified, then the SID along with its home should be listed in /etc/oratab. (optional, string, no default) user The Oracle owner (aka ORACLE_OWNER). If not specified, then it is set to the owner of file $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/*${ORACLE_SID}.ora. If this does not work for you, just set it explicitely. (optional, string, no default) ipcrm Sometimes IPC objects (shared memory segments and semaphores) belonging to an Oracle instance might be left behind which prevents the instance from starting. It is not easy to figure out which shared segments belong to which instance, in particular when more instances are running as same user. What we use here is the "oradebug" feature and its "ipc" trace utility. It is not optimal to parse the debugging information, but I am not aware of any other way to find out about the IPC information. In case the format or wording of the trace report changes, parsing might fail. There are some precautions, however, to prevent stepping on other peoples toes. There is also a dumpinstipc option which will make us print the IPC objects which belong to the instance. Use it to see if we parse the trace file correctly. Three settings are possible: - none: don't mess with IPC and hope for the best (beware: you'll probably be out of luck, sooner or later) - instance: try to figure out the IPC stuff which belongs to the instance and remove only those (default; should be safe) - orauser: remove all IPC belonging to the user which runs the instance (don't use this if you run more than one instance as same user or if other apps running as this user use IPC) The default setting "instance" should be safe to use, but in that case we cannot guarantee that the instance will start. In case IPC objects were already left around, because, for instance, someone mercilessly killing Oracle processes, there is no way any more to find out which IPC objects should be removed. In that case, human intervention is necessary, and probably _all_ instances running as same user will have to be stopped. The third setting, "orauser", guarantees IPC objects removal, but it does that based only on IPC objects ownership, so you should use that only if every instance runs as separate user. Please report any problems. Suggestions/fixes welcome. (optional, string, default instance) clear_backupmode The clear of the backup mode of ORACLE. (optional, boolean, default false) shutdown_method How to stop Oracle is a matter of taste it seems. The default method ("checkpoint/abort") is: alter system checkpoint; shutdown abort; This should be the fastest safe way bring the instance down. If you find "shutdown abort" distasteful, set this attribute to "immediate" in which case we will shutdown immediate; If you still think that there's even better way to shutdown an Oracle instance we are willing to listen. (optional, string, default checkpoint/abort) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 120. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a oracle resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_oracle ocf:heartbeat:oracle params sid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="120" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/oracle_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)