Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Trigger executable on HMC on occurence of an event Post 302924828 by bakunin on Wednesday 12th of November 2014 02:20:59 PM
Old 11-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxxon
I don't have options via Systems Director
Systems Director is officially dead and buried - at good last. ;-)

I think you look at it from the wrong side: the HMC is an appliance and your possibilities to implement there anything useful at all are limited. (Right now it is relatively easy to become root on the HMC, given that shellshock bug, but most of the time you are in a poor position when you try to do administration work on the HMC.)

My suggestion is to write a script which queries the HMC remotely about hardware conditions. Issue "lssyscfg" and/or related commands via a ssh-connection and then parse in your script what comes back. We use this mechanism to automate things like LPAR generation and similar tasks, but you can surely automate your task this way too.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we trigger an shell script on an event

Hi, My program A updates a log called logA. I have a shell script S that is responsible to send emails reading from the log. I want to trigger execution of the script whenever there is an update to the log. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv_pan
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger Enter

Hello, I need to trigger every time enter has been clicked while some one on terminal i tried to googleit but with out result any idea ?? thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AYAK
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger with condition

If test.ksh is successful then I have a sequence of script which needs to execute automatically. Is it possible to capture the return code to execute the next script automatically? what is better way of doing this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

update trigger

hi all, i hope i am posting this /beginner) question in the right forum: i want to create an update trigger, which rolls back a transaction if a record of a table is updated. the table has - amongst others - a field 'statusid' - if a record in this table has the statusid X and it is attempted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalinkula
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print between patterns - first occurence, second occurence etc

I have a file # cat asasas AAAAAA 11 22 33 44 BBBBB NILNILNIL AAAAAA 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 BBBBB NILNILNIL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_lpar - Fence agent for IBM LPAR DESCRIPTION
fence_lpar accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_lpar can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. PARAMETERS
-o, --action=<action> Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -a, --ip=<ip> IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=<name> Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=<password> Login password or passphrase -S, --password-script=<script> Script to retrieve password -x, --ssh SSH connection (Default Value: 1) -k, --identity-file=<filename> Identity file for ssh -n <id> Name of the partition Partition name -s <id> Name of the managed system Managed system name -H, --hmc-version=<version> Force HMC version to use (3 or 4) (Default Value: 4) -c, --command-prompt=<prompt> Force command prompt (Default Value: [':~>', ']$', '$ ']) -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -u, --ipport=<port> TCP port to use for connection with device -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=<debugfile> Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=<char> Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 15) --power-wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check if fencing device is running. List available plugs/virtual machines or get status of machine (if it does not support more). metadata The operational behavior of this is not known. STDIN PARAMETERS
action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase passwd_script Script to retrieve password secure SSH connection (Default Value: 1) identity_file Identity file for ssh partition Partition name managed Managed system name hmc_version Force HMC version to use (3 or 4) (Default Value: 4) cmd_prompt Force command prompt (Default Value: [':~>', ']$', '$ ']) inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only ipport TCP port to use for connection with device verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 15) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_lpar (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)