Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional for every letter in alphabet Post 302924805 by vbe on Wednesday 12th of November 2014 12:43:32 PM
Old 11-12-2014
Using case statement?
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What can i do to check that the input is all alphabet.. ?

What can i do to check that the input is all alphabet.. ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: XXXXXXXXXX
4 Replies

2. Programming

output the letters of the alphabet with the number of occurrences

hi, I'm trying to create a program that will read a file and then check the file for each letter of the alphabet and then output the letter and the number of times it appears in the file, into a new file... this is what i have so far but it's not working.. if anyone could help that would be nice!... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: svd
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if the first character is a alphabet or number

Hi, I need to find whether the first character in a line is a alphabet or a number. If its a number i should sort it numerically. If its a alphabet i should sort it based on the ASCII value.And if it is something other than alphabet or number then sort it based on ASCII value. The code i used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking wether an input is using letters of the alphabet

afternoon forums. I need to get a way of testing as to wether an inputed character is part of the english alphabet. i have come up with the following code but its not working at all. until '] do echo This is not a Letter done any help would be beneficial to me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strasner
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alphabet counting

I have a text file in the following format CCCCCGCCCCCCCCCCcCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC AAAATAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TGTTTTTTTTTTTTGGtTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTT-TTTTTTTTTCTtTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Each row/line will have 32 letters and each line will only have multiple occurrences of 2 letters out of a pool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

last character is digit or alphabet!

Hello, I have to find out whether the last character is digit or alphabet. I manage to strip the last character but would need some help if there is one liner available to test the above. set x = WM echo $x | sed 's/.*\(.$\)/\1/' O/P M I would like a one liner code to test whether the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dixits
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recode alphabet into numbers

I have a genotype.bim file where it contains information about SNPs and genotype. As a hypothetical example, let's say genotype.bim snp1 ... A G snp2 ... G T snp3 ... G T snp4 ... G A ... snpN ... C G where first column identifies each SNP and 5th and 6th column has genotype... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort alphabet on specific column

Input file: POL B7U6K8 Avian_reticuloendotheliosis_virus POLB B7Z1W5 Homo_sapiens POLB H9G5Y0 Anolis_carolinensis POLD1 Q642R8 Xenopus_laevis POLD2 H0YZC7 Taeniopygia_guttata POLD3 F1P540 Gallus_gallus POLDIP3 Q5F4B6 Gallus_gallus POLE2 E1C2T8 Gallus_gallus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific letter in a file by other letter

Good afternoon all, I want to ask how to change some letter in my file with other letter in spesific line eg. data.txt 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 for example i want to change the 4th line with character 1. How could I do it by SED or AWK. I have tried to run this code but actually did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script - Alphabet in code

Hi e Hi everyone, I can't make this script work, #! /bin/bash declare -A crypt=( ="A" ="a" ="B" ="b" ="C" ="c" =' ' ='!' ) encode () { local word=$1 for ((i=0; i<${#word}; ++i)) ; do local char=${word:$i:1} printf %s' ' ${crypt} done ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinguino
5 Replies
EXECUTE(7)                                                         SQL Commands                                                         EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)