Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Trigger executable on HMC on occurence of an event Post 302924758 by zaxxon on Wednesday 12th of November 2014 08:05:42 AM
Old 11-12-2014
Trigger executable on HMC on occurence of an event

Hi all,

sadly I currently don't have any access to a HMC and I am interessted if anybody knows if there is any way to trigger an executable/script in case of incomming hardware errors etc.. I don't remember there was any such option but then my last HMC was v7.x more than 2 years ago I saw.
I saw an article about to configure syslogd on a HMC to forward such events to another syslogd. In the official documentation/Redbook there was only mentioned to trigger a message via SMTP but that's not sufficient for my environment.
Our event management system is not an IBM product so I don't have options via Systems Director or Tivoli Monitoring/OMNIbus.

Any experience/hints on your side?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we trigger an shell script on an event

Hi, My program A updates a log called logA. I have a shell script S that is responsible to send emails reading from the log. I want to trigger execution of the script whenever there is an update to the log. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv_pan
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger Enter

Hello, I need to trigger every time enter has been clicked while some one on terminal i tried to googleit but with out result any idea ?? thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AYAK
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger with condition

If test.ksh is successful then I have a sequence of script which needs to execute automatically. Is it possible to capture the return code to execute the next script automatically? what is better way of doing this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

update trigger

hi all, i hope i am posting this /beginner) question in the right forum: i want to create an update trigger, which rolls back a transaction if a record of a table is updated. the table has - amongst others - a field 'statusid' - if a record in this table has the statusid X and it is attempted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalinkula
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print between patterns - first occurence, second occurence etc

I have a file # cat asasas AAAAAA 11 22 33 44 BBBBB NILNILNIL AAAAAA 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 BBBBB NILNILNIL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies
ECACCESS-EVENT-SEND(1p) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   ECACCESS-EVENT-SEND(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-event-send - Trigger an ECaccess Event SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-event-send -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-event-send [-debug] [-environment variables] [-delay duration] [-at date] event-id sequence DESCRIPTION
Allow triggering the event specified by its event-id. The sequence number should always be greater than the last sequence submitted. The specified environment parameters are passed to the jobs before submissions. The triggering of the event can also be delayed or started at a later time if required. As a result the number of notification(s) updated is displayed. ARGUMENTS
event-id The identifier of the Event to trigger. sequence The sequence number for the triggering (must be an integer between 0 and 2147483647). OPTIONS
-environment variables Specify which environment variables to pass to the jobs. Multiple variables should be separated by a semi-column (e.g. "PARAM1=xxx;PARAM2=yyy"). -delay duration Allow delaying the submission of the event (default: no delay). The duration is specified in [w]eeks, [d]ays, [h]ours, [m]inutes or [s]econds (e.g. 1w or 2d). -at date Specify the starting date for the event (default: immediate submission). The format of the date is "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm" (e.g. "2011-01-19 12:17"). -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-event-send 167 2000 Trigger the event 167 with a sequence number of 2000. ecaccess-event-send -delay 1d 167 2000 Trigger the same event as in the previous example in 24 hours. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-event-grant, ecaccess-event-clear, ecaccess-event-list, ecaccess-event-delete, ecaccess-event-create and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-EVENT-SEND(1p)