Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass column number as variable to awk and compare with a string. Post 302924722 by junior-helper on Wednesday 12th of November 2014 04:55:27 AM
Old 11-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girish19
... is there any way pass $2 as variable ...
Yes. Try
Code:
deleted due to major inaccuracy

or
Code:
deleted due to major inaccuracy

Last edited by junior-helper; 11-12-2014 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: removed inaccurate commands (thank you RudiC for the important hint)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with counting of files then pass number to variable

hi all, i'm trying to pass a count of files to a variable thru these set of codes: sh_count=$(ls -1 fnd_upload_LV*.* |wc -l) problem is if no files matches that, it will give an error "ls: fnd_upload_LV*.*: No such file or directory". how do i avoid having the shell script show that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk conditional expression to compare field number and variable value

Hi, I'm trying to compare the value in a field to the value in a variable using awk. This works: awk '$7 == "101"'but this is what I want (and it doesn't work): value=101 awk '$7 == "$value"' Any help or insight on this would be great. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk]compare a number in a string with a list

Hi, I have a program written in awk and I want to extend it to do another task. My program is a list of CVS log reports of a repository. For each file, I have some fields. One of the fields is the comment field. I want to know how I can check if a comment (which is a free text field)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepk1611
8 Replies

4. Solaris

awk - Print variable number of colums from a starting column

Hi guys, I usualy am able to google awk stuff but I can't find it so far and there are so many awking gurus here that I will give it a shot. I want to print $1;$3;"$5 up to the $NF". In other words, I can have 1000 colums, but need to have $5 up to the end. I started with the idea of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plmachiavel
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk arrays - compare value in second column to variable

Hello, I am trying to redirect files to a directory by using a config file. The config files is as such: xxxxxx,ID,PathToDirectory xxxxxx,ID2,PathToDirectory2 and so on... I have a variable that should match one of these IDs. I want to load this config file into an awk array, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrfiol
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

pass a variable line number to sed

num=10 sed -n '$num p' test.txt sed -n '10 p' test.txt works however i am putting the sed command in a loop and the line number is not static Can someone please help me how to achive this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figure20012
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with compare two column and print out column with smallest number

Input file : 5 20 500 2 20 41 41 0 23 1 Desired output : 5 2 20 0 1 By comparing column 1 and 2 in each line, I hope can print out the column with smallest number. I did try the following code, but it don't look good :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass variable to awk command search string

I must have forgot how to do this, but, I am attempting to enter a variable into an awk / gawk search pattern. I am getting a value from user input to place in a specific section of a 132 character string. my default command is .... gawk --re-interval '/^(.{3}P .{4}CYA.{8}1)/' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdeevers
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in column using variable: awk

I'm interested to match column pattern through awk using an external variable for data: -9 1:751343:T:A -9 0 T A 0.726 -5.408837e-03 9.576603e-03 7.967536e-01 5.722312e-01 -9 1:751756:T:C -9 0 T C 0.727 -5.360458e-03 9.579447e-03 7.966977e-01 5.757858e-01... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
MONGOFILES(1)							  Mongo Database						     MONGOFILES(1)

NAME
mongofiles - a simple GridFS interface SYNOPSIS
mongofiles [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
mongofiles is used to list, get, and insert files in the database. EXAMPLES
mongofiles list lists files in test.fs.files mongofiles put README.txt inserts the file README.txt into the collection test.fs.files mongofiles get photo.jpg retrieves photo.jpg from test.fs.files and saves it locally OPTIONS
--help show usage information -h, --host HOST mongo host to which to connect -d, --db DB database to use (default DB=test) -c, --collection COLLECTION (default COLLECTION=fs.files) collection to use --command [list|search|put|get] execute a command --file FILE filename for get or put list list all files. takes an optional filename. the file has to start with the filename search search all files for something that contains the string COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGOFILES(1)