Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Server health Checks pre & post Rebooting Post 302924689 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 11th of November 2014 04:03:05 PM
Old 11-11-2014
Go for a monitoring system!
Like the free Xymon or Nagios.
In the monitoring system, you watch your critical processes, disks, DB-specific tests, ...
It will inform you if anything important is missing or wrong - always, not only after a system reboot.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server rebooting frequently

O/P of the uname -a Server Server 4.0 3.0 3516 Pentium IV(TM)-ISA/PCI Server is getting rebooted frequetly... I don't know what is the problem in server ... Any help why the server is getting rebooted frequetly. Can i check what is the problem like in log files (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

health checks

Hello Anyone please help me with a health check script on HP-UX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

visual representation of server health

HI all, I want to make a webpage showing the status of services running on a server. for example email, http , etc. That way users can see that server status for themselfs. Maybe even show the status of each virtual domain running on the server. Any way to do this without buying some product? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Tapes Health checks

Hi all gurus Is there any command to perform the tapes health checks? thanks in adv jiajin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

sun server health check

do anybody has a procedure for daily weekley monthly health check for SUN server with solaris OS?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

6. AIX

Pre-checks

AIX Guys!!! What pre-checks would you do on a 5.3 server before TL/SP/APAR installation? Bala (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Monitor server's health

Dear all, There wasn't any monitoring on our server except on the filesystem. Therefore, I was wondering anything i should do on a daily basis to check on the server's status, health, hardware, or any other thing as a disaster prevention? Also, what command i should use to do that? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Server rebooting unexpectedly

hi, I have been working on Solaris am very new to linux. My concern is as it goes....our server is getting rebooted automatically and I am not able to understand anything from the var log messages. Could anybody help me out in troubleshooting the issue. 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 x86_64 GNU/Linux is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network connectivity Pre checks

Hello All, We are running multiple codes in prod all having different sources of databases in other servers. Many times due to network issue connectivity and DB issue the jobs got failed and to recover them become very brainstorming . I planning to create one script that can pre check if all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
0 Replies
XYNAGIOS(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       XYNAGIOS(1)

NAME
xynagios - adaptor for using Nagios checks with Xymon SYNOPSIS
xynagios [options --] plugin [options ...] DESCRIPTION
xynagios runs a Nagios check, and reports its output in a way compatible with the Xymon (Hobbit, BB) monitoring system. The Xymon test name is taken from the plugin output if it starts with test_name OK|WARNING|CRITICAL|ERROR|UNKNOWN:. Otherwise, the basename of the plugin filename is used. A check_ prefix is removed for brevity. OPTIONS
--hostname=host Report tests as this host. --strip=prefix Remove prefix (regexp) from test names. The prefix "check_" is always removed before stripping other prefixes. Useful for trimming down overly verbose Nagios test names, e.g. "check_postgres_database_size" to "database_size". --trends In addition to printing performance data in the status report (suitable for the NCV/SPLITNCV hobbitd_rrd modules), send in a data report for hostname.trends. This rrd module is more robust. --help --version Print help text and version, and exit. SEE ALSO
xymon(7), bb(1), bbcmd(1), nagios3(8). AUTHOR
Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. perl v5.14.2 2013-01-09 XYNAGIOS(1)