Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX Cluster Show shared file systems. Post 302924655 by Clovis_Sangrail on Tuesday 11th of November 2014 10:20:33 AM
Old 11-11-2014
Hello,
Again thanks for the info, ibmtech & igalvarez. I found man pages and other references to clRGinfo, cllsgrp, clshowres, and cl-lots-of-other-stuff, but these do not seem to be installed in the server I'm working on. Neither are their smit entries:

Code:
 $smit cspoc

lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
  x                              ERROR MESSAGE                               x
  x                                                                          x
  x Press Enter or Cancel to return to the                                   x
  x application.                                                             x
  x   1800-007 There are currently no SMIT                                   x
  x   screen entries available for this FastPath.                            x
  x   This FastPath may require installation of                              x
  x   additional software before it can be accessed.                         x
  x F1=Help                 F2=Refresh              F3=Cancel                x
  x Esc+8=Image             Esc+0=Exit              Enter=Do                 x
  mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

All I've been assigned to do is to create a particular subdirectory on a set of machines, and it seems that the parent directory (/3500/scratch) is an
an active one on the production cluster, so that's why I'm not seeing it on the inactive node. The 'lspv' listings satisfy me of that. I'd probably get a more explicit determination from the commands you list, were they installed.

Oh well, just another day of working with slightly-less-than-least-privileges Smilie. Thanks again, I will mark this thread closed or solved if possible.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote file copy across 2 systems (AIX and SCO)

Hello, Pls i need to copy some data from AIX Unix 4.3 to a SCO Openserve 5.0.5 using rcp command. But i keep on having permission error. WHAT IS THE SOLTION OR WHAT COMMAND CAN I USE AGAIN (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aji
4 Replies

2. AIX

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX?

How to debug a shared library(.so file) on AIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlbertGao
1 Replies

3. AIX

IBM AIX on AS/400 Systems

Sry for my beginner question. I didn't find a list with all supported server types for an AIX 5.3 installation. Unfortunately ibm.com page has problems with the sign in so I can't ask in the ibm foum. Will AIX 5.3 run on a 9402, 9404 or 9406 system? Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyzer
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing systems in Solaris, AIX and HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody teach me the printing systems supported for Solaris 9, AIX and HP-UX 11i. Thanks in advance.:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
0 Replies

5. AIX

Breaking AIX cluster

Hello All, I was just wondering: How do I break a server cluster in an AIX 5.2 environment? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

6. AIX

changing values for nfs shared file system on aix

Hi, I want to change the values for shared file system in aix for that I have run the command smitty chnfsexp but I am not getting the all the values which I have seen while adding the file system while exporting example smitty chnfsexp but after selecting shared file system using F4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

7. AIX

Should I be worried about my AIX Cluster?

I have a 2-node Power 7 - 16cpu - 32gb RAM - AIX 6L cluster. The production node has 10 physical cpus (40 cores) and 24gb of RAM. The cluster has been live for 6 weeks and I'm seeing some things on the production node that I think could be of concern but wanted to get some opinions. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
6 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 5.2 C++ shared object issue

Hi all, I am developing an application with two components. One "c" binary and one "C++" shared object. While execution, the shared object crashes out and core dump is created whenever "new" is executed. But if i use malloc this will work perfectly. I tried to use dbx. Below given was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itssujith
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX flag to reduce size of shared file

I am using xlC (Version: 11.01.0000.0011). While build i am using "-g" to have debug information in build. there are many object files (>500) due to which resultant shared file (.so) will have huge size. I can't reduce optimization level. Is there any way or flag is present by using which i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhi04
2 Replies
semmns(5)							File Formats Manual							 semmns(5)

NAME
semmns - number of System V IPC system-wide semaphores VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values DESCRIPTION
The tunable specifies the maximum total individual System V IPC system-wide semaphores which can be assigned by applications. Semaphores are assigned in "sets" associated with an ID. Thus semaphores can be distributed in any manner across the range of IDs with one or more per ID. There is no reason to specify less than (the maximum number of identifiers) as each ID requires at least one semaphore. If an application attempts to create a semaphore set with more semaphores than are remaining, it will receive an error from For more information about System V semaphores, refer to the section of the sema(5) manpage. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. Note: If the DynSysVSem optional product bundle is installed then changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? If applications require more total semaphores in the system. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? If requirements for semaphores has decreased, or there is a need to hard-limit applications from acquiring larger numbers of semaphores. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? The following side effect applies only if the DynSysVSem optional product bundle is installed. If DynSysVSem is installed, lowering the value of this tunable increases the risk of application failure due to the inability to create more semaphore sets. Lowering the tunable has no effect on any active semaphores in their respective sets, even if the new tunable value is less than the number of semaphores already created on the system. However, no new semaphore sets may be created until the number of active semaphores on the system falls below the setting of What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? All the System V semaphore tunables are interrelated and should not be treated as independent variables. The tunables must be evaluated as a system to ensure they reflect the application requirements. The semaphore tunables include and Typically, a change in the tunable does not require changes to other tunables. Note: If the DynSysVSem optional product bundle is installed then the and tunables are ignored and have no effect. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by AT&T. SEE ALSO
semget(2), sema(5), semaem(5), semmni(5), semmnu(5), semmsl(5), semume(5), semvmx(5), sysv_hash_locks(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters semmns(5)