Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range Post 302924637 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 11th of November 2014 08:25:39 AM
Old 11-11-2014
and when you
Code:
printf"%d", htons(ClientAddr.sin_port);

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat /proc/ files

Hi, I need to write a shell script that should lists only the files that starts with alphabet from the /proc dir and then I have to cat those files and redirect to a file. But my below script is not working. It is reading the first file properly but not the subsequent files. Please throw a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing /proc/net/dev into key:value pairs (self-answered)

Hi all, I need some help with using sed/awk/other linux tools to meet the following goal: I'm trying to take the output of /proc/net/dev: Inter-| Receive | Transmit face |bytes packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: felbane
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

5. Linux

Kernal panic error& setuproot:error mounting /proc&/sys

Hi all, I am new to redhat/fedora linux. In fedora linux 6,we created one file system(hda3 - /fs). in this mount poing we were installed mounta vista os. while booting we are getting below error messages. 1) Booting 'mountaVisat(2.6.18_pro 500_pc_target-x86_586 smp)' root(hd0,1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches a good idea?

Hi folks. I work with several production servers, and I have seen in some Kernel Cache using most of the memory. See this pic: http://i51.tinypic.com/301nb6c.jpg Do you think this is a smart choice? Remember these are productions servers and it is extremely necesary this does not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Disable IPV4

Hi im using Redhat Ver 6.4 is it possible to disable IPV4 and use only IPV6? how can i do that? thanks Guy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies

9. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
BYTEORDER(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      BYTEORDER(3)

NAME
htonl, htons, ntohl, ntohs - convert values between host and network byte order SYNOPSIS
#include <arpa/inet.h> uint32_t htonl(uint32_t hostlong); uint16_t htons(uint16_t hostshort); uint32_t ntohl(uint32_t netlong); uint16_t ntohs(uint16_t netshort); DESCRIPTION
The htonl() function converts the unsigned integer hostlong from host byte order to network byte order. The htons() function converts the unsigned short integer hostshort from host byte order to network byte order. The ntohl() function converts the unsigned integer netlong from network byte order to host byte order. The ntohs() function converts the unsigned short integer netshort from network byte order to host byte order. On the i386 the host byte order is Least Significant Byte first, whereas the network byte order, as used on the Internet, is Most Signifi- cant Byte first. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +-----------------------------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +-----------------------------------+---------------+---------+ |htonl(), htons(), ntohl(), ntohs() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +-----------------------------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008. Some systems require the inclusion of <netinet/in.h> instead of <arpa/inet.h>. SEE ALSO
bswap(3), endian(3), gethostbyname(3), getservent(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 BYTEORDER(3)