Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login/xterm and run script
Operating Systems Solaris Login/xterm and run script Post 302924558 by achenle on Monday 10th of November 2014 02:51:17 PM
Old 11-10-2014

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run commands before login

What would be the best way to setup for a Linux box to run a few commands before the user logs in? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woofie
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Run fsck from standard login

Hello. I have created a FS /u00/ and created a non-root login under this FS. Also, disabled direct root login. Now is it possible or worth moving this login over to the root partition or allowing mount/umount + fsck from a standard account. As I am not able to run fsck for this FS. How to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to run tlremove command without root login

Hi all, Can somebody give me advice on how to run tlremove and tlinstall command without root login. When i try to login to root i get error message as "crt0: ERROR couldn't open dld.sl errno:000000002". This error comes when transition link is removed. so i want to reinstall the link... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aditya.gaur
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script at first login user (only)

Hi all, I would need a script to run only at the first login of a newly created user. And at the first time only. I did some googlework but unfortunatly... I made up it possibly had something to do with the bashrc file. This script is some kind of info for the user ; with the possiblity to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laurens
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to: Run backup_menu.sh at login for only one user

Hi all, I Hope to find the answer. I am new to aix 5L, I have one oracle 10gR2 database server run on ain 5L so when I start my new Job I find that the operater login oracle user and run the backup_menu.sh, this menu is to make a backup of the database top disk and transfer it to tape,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: essamfayez
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How run simple command in xterm, and leave open?

I have written a simple script to show battery life remaining. I would like to be able to quickly view it with a predefined keybinding or launcher. xterm -e scriptname should do the trick but the xterm closes when the script finishes, not giving me chance to read the output. How can I keep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spoovy
3 Replies

7. Linux

How to open a gnome-terminal in specific workspace and run script within it automatically upon login

OK this is a bit messy. I run Fedora with gnome on a compiz desktop, I have a script (userstart) that opens my 'standard' environment for all my machines when I login. userstart flips to a specific workspace and then opens the required applications in that workspace then flips to the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on login event

Hi, I need to run a script whenever a user logs in to HP-UX unix server. Please let me know how can i implement this. I need to run this script on login for all users starting with 'X' ( x110,x112,x13545, etc). Thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to track what Commands run in a login session

Hi I need to track what commands run in login session in solaris whether it is root or any normal users in bash shell. My actual requirement is that when a user (nomal/root) login into the system, whatever commands he run, it should log into file on specified path . I don't require command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)