Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command to replace string that contain blackslash,double quotes Post 302924537 by thanush9sep on Monday 10th of November 2014 12:10:28 PM
Old 11-10-2014
sed command to replace string that contain blackslash,double quotes

Hi All,

I have been trying to replace a string using the sed command

string value contain blackslash and double quotes. I am not a expert writer of unix script but do try not to ask question. I have almost given up. Hope you all can give me some suggestion

I want to replace a place string in a file that contains "TEMP"\1\"/work/tmp" (values are with double quotes) with another value "TEMP"\1\"/work/${projectname}/tmp" (projectname is passed through a list from a file)

example this sting "TEMP"\1\"/work/tmp" needs to be replace like this "TEMP"\1\"/work/AST/tmp" (where is AST is the project name)

command used:-
Code:
projectname="AST"
search_string="\"TEMP\""\\1\\"\"/work/tmp\""
replace_string="\"TEMP\""\\1\\"\"/work/${projectname}/tmp\""

sed -e "s|${search_string}|${replace_string}|g" ${ARCH_DIR}/${PROJECT}.DSParams > ${PROJECT_DIR}/${PROJECT}/DSParams

I have tried with different options like using single quotes, parsing but could not find a solution

however the same command is working fine for below

Code:
search_string1="/apps/ETL/IS/8.5/Server/PXEngine/grid_enabled.4.3.8/grid_config.apt"
replace_string1=""

Last edited by Don Cragun; 11-10-2014 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple blanks within double quotes

I have various column names within double quotes, separated by commas. Example: "column one", "column number two", "this is column number three", anothercolumn, yetanothercolumn I need to eliminate the double quotes and replace the blanks within the double quotes by underscores, giving: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace double quotes in to ascii value?

Hi, I am getting the data from text file and it contains comma and double quootes. Eg: text file like this: Travelling up Cattai Ridge Rd, going through the "S" bends at the top. Felt a "pull" and pain in groin area, on right side after lifting at work. Repeat "twisting" while working manual... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh4851
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double double quotes using AWK/SED

Hi, I have data as "01/22/97-"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa""aaa""aabbbbbbbbcccccc""zbcd""dddddddddeeeeeeeeefffffff" I want to remove only the Consequitive double quotes and not the one which occurs single. My O/P must be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace newline character between a double quotes to a space

Hi Guys, I have a file with content as below aj.txt "Iam allfine" abcdef abcd "all is not well" What I'm trying to say is my data has some new line characters in between quoted text. I must get ride of the newline character that comes in between the quoted text. output must be:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajahuja
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double quotes with a single quote within a double quoted string

Hi Froum. I have tried in vain to find a solution for this problem - I'm trying to replace any double quotes within a quoted string with a single quote, leaving everything else as is. I have the following data: Before: ... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
32 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed command to replace consecutive double quotes

I need to replace consecutive double quotes in a csv file, the data in the file is enclosed in double quotes but there are some places where the quotes are repeating Example is below Incoming data is : "Pacific Region"|"PNG"|"Jimmy""|""| Need output as: "Pacific... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double quotes inside the string data for all the columns

Please use code tags Hi, I have input data is below format and n of column in the multiple flat files. the string data has any double quotes(") values replaced to double double quotes for all the columns{""). Also, my input flat file each column string data has carriage of new line too.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSrini
14 Replies
projects(1)							   User Commands						       projects(1)

NAME
projects - print project membership of user SYNOPSIS
projects [-dv] [ user] projects -l [projectname [projectname...]] DESCRIPTION
The projects command prints on standard output the projects to which the invoking user or an optionally specified user belongs. Each user belongs to some set of projects specified in the project(4) file and possibly in the associated NIS maps and LDAP databases for project information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Prints only default project. -l Prints verbose info on each project projectname. If no projectnames are given, info on all projects is printed. -v Prints project descriptions along with project names. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: projectnaDisplay information for the specified project. user Displays project memberships for the specified user. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying Membership for a Specified User example$ projects paul default beatles wings example$ projects ringo default beatles example$ projects -d paul beatles EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 A fatal error occurred during execution. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. FILES
/etc/project Local database containing valid project definitions for this machine. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The human-readable output is Unstable. SEE ALSO
getdefaultproj(3PROJECT), getprojent(3PROJECT), project(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 May 2004 projects(1)