Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change directory error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change directory error Post 302924534 by Ditto on Monday 10th of November 2014 11:19:14 AM
Old 11-10-2014
It wasn't fine before .. you changed it.

2nd version added this:

Code:
case "$id" in

turning the underlined portion into part of a case statement - and it's the wrong syntax for a case statement.

What are you trying to do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change directory

Hi all, I'm trying to wirte a small shell script in Linux. My script has the flow like, cmd1 cmd2 cd testdata cmd3 After exiting the program, the CWD remains the same as where I execute the program. I need it to be changed to the latest updated directory in the program. How can I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vadivel
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change directory

hi, Iam in directory A. I run a script from there. inside the script i have a command cd B. When i come out of the script directory is A only. Even when i come out scrip i want the directory to be B How to achieve (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Directory via a script?

I would like to have a script that would change my current working directory. However, any time I execute a 'cd' command in a script, it holds only for the life of that script -- the working directory on exit is the same as when the script was initiated. Is it possible to have the script return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: George Borrmann
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Directory

I have a directory that is existing under my root dir of the FTP server. The DIR name is 'Software Patch'. I want to move in to that DIR to download some patches. But, when I issued a command 'cd SOftware Patch', the system said that it cannot find the dir 'Software'. I tried all possible ways like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change all filenames in a directory

I have a directory of files and each file has a random 5 digit string at the beginning that needs to be removed. Plus, there are some files that will be identically named after the 5 digit string is removed and I want those eliminated or moved. any ideas? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: crumb
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

change directory if available

I have a simple shell script that prompts the user to enter a directory to navigate to. What i want it to do and i don't know how to do this is if the directory is invalid automatically navigate to the home directory. echo "enter a directory to navigate to:" read directory cd $directory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: icelated
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change database directory to another directory?

Hi, I Installed mysql on my CentOS 6.2 Server. But when I tried to change the location of /var/lib/mysql to another directory. I can't start the mysql. Below is what I've done yum install mysql mysql-server mysql-devel mkdir /path/to/new/ cp -R /var/lib/mysql /path/to/new chown -R... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganitolngyundre
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Directory

Hi All, There is a code like below in my script ############################################### ###Create Directories and Sub-Directories ############################################### dpdir=DP_FROM_${from}_TO_${to} mkdir $dpdir cd $dpdir mkdir AWQM WFCONTROLLER PROVCO PRISM ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change directory shell

#!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter number of sanger patients : "; read id perl -ne 'chomp; system ("perl table_annovar.pl $_ humandb/ -buildver hg19 -protocol refGene,popfreq_all,common,clinvar,clinvarsubmit,clinvarreference -operation g,f,f,f,f,f -otherinfo")' < file.txt I have the above script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
PPI::Statement::Null(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 PPI::Statement::Null(3pm)

NAME
PPI::Statement::Null - A useless null statement SYNOPSIS
my $foo = 1; ; # <-- Null statement my $bar = 1; INHERITANCE
PPI::Statement::Null isa PPI::Statement isa PPI::Node isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
"PPI::Statement::Null" is a utility class designed to handle situations where PPI encounters a naked statement separator. Although strictly speaking, the semicolon is a statement separator and not a statement terminator, PPI considers a semicolon to be a statement terminator under most circumstances. In any case, the null statement has no purpose, and can be safely deleted with no ill effect. METHODS
"PPI::Statement::Null" has no additional methods beyond the default ones provided by PPI::Statement, PPI::Node and PPI::Element. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 PPI::Statement::Null(3pm)