Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Server health Checks pre & post Rebooting Post 302924478 by nanz143 on Monday 10th of November 2014 05:23:18 AM
Old 11-10-2014
Thanks singh...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server rebooting frequently

O/P of the uname -a Server Server 4.0 3.0 3516 Pentium IV(TM)-ISA/PCI Server is getting rebooted frequetly... I don't know what is the problem in server ... Any help why the server is getting rebooted frequetly. Can i check what is the problem like in log files (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

health checks

Hello Anyone please help me with a health check script on HP-UX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

visual representation of server health

HI all, I want to make a webpage showing the status of services running on a server. for example email, http , etc. That way users can see that server status for themselfs. Maybe even show the status of each virtual domain running on the server. Any way to do this without buying some product? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Tapes Health checks

Hi all gurus Is there any command to perform the tapes health checks? thanks in adv jiajin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

sun server health check

do anybody has a procedure for daily weekley monthly health check for SUN server with solaris OS?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

6. AIX

Pre-checks

AIX Guys!!! What pre-checks would you do on a 5.3 server before TL/SP/APAR installation? Bala (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Monitor server's health

Dear all, There wasn't any monitoring on our server except on the filesystem. Therefore, I was wondering anything i should do on a daily basis to check on the server's status, health, hardware, or any other thing as a disaster prevention? Also, what command i should use to do that? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Server rebooting unexpectedly

hi, I have been working on Solaris am very new to linux. My concern is as it goes....our server is getting rebooted automatically and I am not able to understand anything from the var log messages. Could anybody help me out in troubleshooting the issue. 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 x86_64 GNU/Linux is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network connectivity Pre checks

Hello All, We are running multiple codes in prod all having different sources of databases in other servers. Many times due to network issue connectivity and DB issue the jobs got failed and to recover them become very brainstorming . I planning to create one script that can pre check if all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
0 Replies
reboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 reboot(8)

Name
       reboot - automatic reboot procedures

Syntax
       /etc/reboot [ -n ] [ -q ]

Description
       The  ULTRIX  system is booted by loading a kernel image, usually into memory at location zero and transferring to zero.	Because the system
       is not reenterable, the kernel image must be read in from disk each time the system is bootstrapped.

When the reboot of a running system is desired, is normally used.  If there are no users, can be used.  The command causes the disks to	be
       synced,	and  then  a multiuser reboot is initiated.  The system is booted and an automatic disk check is performed.  If the procedure suc-
       ceeds, the system is then brought up for the users.

The system will reboot itself after a power failure or after a crash, provided auto-restart is enabled on your system.  A consistency check
       of the file systems will be performed and, unless the check fails, the system will resume multiuser operations.

Options
       -n   Prevents the disks from being synced.

-q   Reboots quickly and ungracefully, without shutting down running processes first.

Files
       System code

See Also
       crash(8v), fsck(8), halt(8), init(8), newfs(8), rc(8), shutdown(8)

reboot(8)