Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 problem with static ip Post 302924455 by migurus on Sunday 9th of November 2014 09:23:31 PM
Old 11-09-2014
I did not, that was the problem, thank you! followed the Solaris docs link:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...79189006,d.cGU

and it works now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Setting up static ip-adresses, Solaris 10

Hello, Iam having problems getting more then one ip to work here is my setup! Hostname: nexus NIC: e000g1 (example ips) My ips 80.80.80.15 to 80.80.80.20 Defaultrouter 80.80.80.1 nameservers 80.80.80.100 and 80.80.80.200 How would i do this? Any help would be mutch appriciated!... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: empty
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Basic Solaris static routing

Hi All, :(:confused: I have scoured the web and can't find this anywhere. What I am trying to do is set up a static route through an available gateway on a server, and then test connectivity through TELNET. I have done this on AIX (I already had this procedure). On AIX I would use SMIT. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
7 Replies

3. Programming

Problem in static structure array in C

Hi, I have a following problem in C. I have a function A in which I used to call another function (function B) and pass an array of values through array variable by using below:- foo=functionB(array); In functionB, i used to just return some "values" (e.g return num;) in order to pass... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static IP address for solaris 10 virtual machine

Hi All I am having a solaris 10 virtual machine on vista (using vmware 7) laptop. Now i want to access virtual machine from vista using putty. Problem is that i insalled the solaris machine as dhcp. and whenever i connect to internet or reboot my system the IP address of solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurk
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris - Assign Static IP

Hi, I have cloned a SOLARIS 8 (BLADE 150) Hard Disk and have put into other system. So, now how do I configure the NIC and assign static IP for this new machine ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
8 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with static compiling - GCC

Hi guys. I want to compile three files: gcc -static main.c fib.c fib.h it is pure C i mean i use standard C library. but it gives me this error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc collect2: ld returned 1 exit status what should i do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
4 Replies

8. Programming

GDB problem accessing static variables in C

Hi, Can anyone explain this please..... This is on AIX with GDB (tried a few versions). It only happens when program compiled in 64 bit and only with static variables.... A simple test program... ### snip #include <stdio.h> main() { static int n; n = 6; printf("hello %d\n", n);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bagpussnz
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem compiling glib using static zlib

Hello I have been trying to compile glib 2.28 with needs Zlib. During the compilation process I received these messages Then giving a look at the configure of Zlib, there was an option to static link it and I obviously used it. So I think I can solve it by compiling a shared zlib, or by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: colt
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris static IP changed (non DHCP)

We have 2 solaris 10 t5240 servers with static IP addresses on nxge0 I/F which were rebooted a few days back with a known good config that has been in place for years (for /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname.nxge0, /etc/netmasks, etc) They are not using dhcp. About the same time today, both of their... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdatontodo
7 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)