Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk print matching records and occurences of each record Post 302924411 by RudiC on Sunday 9th of November 2014 12:35:51 PM
Old 11-09-2014
Did you copy Don Cragun's proposal as is? Any assignment to a field will cause $0 to be reconstructed, suppressing the field separators and yielding the output you post in #3. Make sure the fac. member file is read first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk scripting - matching records and summing up time

Hello. I just found out about awk, and it appears that this could handle the problem I'm having right now. I first stumbled on the thread How to extract first and last line of different record from a file, and that problem is almost similar to mine. In my case, an ASCII file will contain the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gonik
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all the fields of record using awk

Hi, i want to generate print statement using awk. i have 20+ and 30+ fields in each line Now its priting only first eight fields print statement as output not all. my record is as shown below filename ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK exclude first and last record, sort and print

Hi everyone, I've really searched for a solution to this and this is what I found so far: I need to sort a command output (here represented as a "cat file" command) and from the second down to the second-last line based on the second row and then print ALL the output with the specified section... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dentex
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting record into multiple records by appending values from an input field (AWK)

Hello, For the input file, I am trying to split those records which have multiple values seperated by '|' in the last input field, into multiple records and each record corresponds to the common input fields + one of the value from the last field. I was trying with an example on this forum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtiaz99
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print initial record and double

I have an initial record 0.018 I would like a script that would for i=0;i<200;i++ print 0.018*1 0.018*2 0.018*3 0.018*4 ... 0.018*200 using newline. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keeping last record among group of records with common fields (awk)

input: ref.1;rack.1;1 #group1 ref.1;rack.1;2 #group1 ref.1;rack.2;1 #group2 ref.2;rack.3;1 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;2 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;3 #group3 Among records from same group (i.e. with same 1st and 2nd field - separated by ";"), I would need to keep the last record... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern matching name in records

Hi, I'm very new to these forums. I was wondering if someone could help an AWK beginner with a pattern matching an actor to his appearance in movies, which would be stored as records. Let's say we have a database of 4 movies (each movie a record with name, studio + year, and actor fields with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jill Ceke
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying text file records, find data in one place in the record and print it elsewhere

Hello, I have some text data that is in the form of multi-line records. Each record ends with the string $$$$ and the next record starts on the next line. RDKit 2D 15 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0999 V2000 5.4596 2.1267 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk record matching

ok. so i have a list of country names which have been abbreviated. we'll call this list A i have another list that which contains the what country each abbreviated name means. we'll call this list B. so example of the content of list B: #delimited by tabs #ABBR COUNTRY COUNTRY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk for matching fields between files with repeated records

Hello all, I am having trouble with what should be an easy task, but seem to be missing something fundamental. I have two files, with File 1 consisting of a single field of many thousands of records. I also have File 2 with two fields and many thousands of records. My goal is that when $1 of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies
ldns-compare-zones(1)					      General Commands Manual					     ldns-compare-zones(1)

NAME
ldns-compare-zones - read and compare two zonefiles and print differences SYNOPSIS
ldns-compare-zones [-c] [-i] [-d] [-z] [-s] ZONEFILE1 ZONEFILE2 DESCRIPTION
ldns-compare-zones reads two DNS zone files and prints number of differences. Output is formated to: +NUM_INS -NUM_DEL ~NUM_CHG The major comparison is based on the owner name. If an owner name is present in zonefile 1, but not in zonefile 2, the resource records with this owner name are considered deleted, and counted as NUM_DEL. If an owner name is present in zonefile 2, but not in zonefile 1, the resource records with this owner name are considered inserted, and counted as NUM_INS. If an owner name is present in both, but there is a difference in the amount or content of the records, these are considered changed, and counted as NUM_CHG. OPTIONS
-c Print resource records whose owner names are in both zone files, but with different resource records. (a.k.a. changed) -i Print resource records whose owner names are present only in ZONEFILE2 (a.k.a. inserted) -d Print resource records whose owner names are present only in ZONEFILE1 (a.k.a. deleted) -a Print all changes. Specifying this option is the same as specifying -c -i amd -d. -z Suppress zone sorting; this option is not recommended; it can cause records to be incorrectly marked as changed, depending of the nature of the changes. -s Do not exclude the SOA record from the comparison. The SOA record may then show up as changed due to a new serial number. Off by default since you may be interested to know if (other zone apex elements) have changed. -h Show usage and exit -v Show the version and exit AUTHOR
Written by Ondej Sury <ondrej@sury.org> for CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o. (czech domain registry) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <ondrej@sury.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 17 Oct 2007 ldns-compare-zones(1)