Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk print matching records and occurences of each record Post 302924403 by iori on Sunday 9th of November 2014 10:12:37 AM
Old 11-09-2014
yes, that kind of outpur I am trying to get. Unfortunately the script you post doesn't print the output you said . Not sure why . I did change the order of the input files since with itu1.txt as first file I get no output and with

Code:
...some code here ..

}' dblp.xml itu1.txt

I get the following output:
--------------------------
Code:
1       Jakob  Bardram
1       Dominik  Grondziowski
1       Tijs  Slaats
1       Troels Bjerre S▒rensen
1       Florian  Berger
1       Rikke  Koch
1       Anker Helms J▒rgensen

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am run the script under Ubuntu and Unix shell under windows as well . same results.

Thanks for your quick reply Smilie

Last edited by Don Cragun; 11-09-2014 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk scripting - matching records and summing up time

Hello. I just found out about awk, and it appears that this could handle the problem I'm having right now. I first stumbled on the thread How to extract first and last line of different record from a file, and that problem is almost similar to mine. In my case, an ASCII file will contain the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gonik
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all the fields of record using awk

Hi, i want to generate print statement using awk. i have 20+ and 30+ fields in each line Now its priting only first eight fields print statement as output not all. my record is as shown below filename ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK exclude first and last record, sort and print

Hi everyone, I've really searched for a solution to this and this is what I found so far: I need to sort a command output (here represented as a "cat file" command) and from the second down to the second-last line based on the second row and then print ALL the output with the specified section... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dentex
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting record into multiple records by appending values from an input field (AWK)

Hello, For the input file, I am trying to split those records which have multiple values seperated by '|' in the last input field, into multiple records and each record corresponds to the common input fields + one of the value from the last field. I was trying with an example on this forum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtiaz99
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print initial record and double

I have an initial record 0.018 I would like a script that would for i=0;i<200;i++ print 0.018*1 0.018*2 0.018*3 0.018*4 ... 0.018*200 using newline. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keeping last record among group of records with common fields (awk)

input: ref.1;rack.1;1 #group1 ref.1;rack.1;2 #group1 ref.1;rack.2;1 #group2 ref.2;rack.3;1 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;2 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;3 #group3 Among records from same group (i.e. with same 1st and 2nd field - separated by ";"), I would need to keep the last record... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern matching name in records

Hi, I'm very new to these forums. I was wondering if someone could help an AWK beginner with a pattern matching an actor to his appearance in movies, which would be stored as records. Let's say we have a database of 4 movies (each movie a record with name, studio + year, and actor fields with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jill Ceke
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying text file records, find data in one place in the record and print it elsewhere

Hello, I have some text data that is in the form of multi-line records. Each record ends with the string $$$$ and the next record starts on the next line. RDKit 2D 15 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0999 V2000 5.4596 2.1267 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk record matching

ok. so i have a list of country names which have been abbreviated. we'll call this list A i have another list that which contains the what country each abbreviated name means. we'll call this list B. so example of the content of list B: #delimited by tabs #ABBR COUNTRY COUNTRY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk for matching fields between files with repeated records

Hello all, I am having trouble with what should be an easy task, but seem to be missing something fundamental. I have two files, with File 1 consisting of a single field of many thousands of records. I also have File 2 with two fields and many thousands of records. My goal is that when $1 of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies
OTFDUMP(1)							   User Commands							OTFDUMP(1)

NAME
otfdump - otfdump DESCRIPTION
otfdump - convert otf traces or parts of it into a human readable, long version Options: -h, --help show this help message -V show OTF version -f <n> set max number of filehandles available (default: 50) -o <file> output file if the ouput file is unspecified the stdout will be used --num <a> <b> output only records no. [a,b] --time <a> <b> output only records with time stamp in [a,b] --nodef omit definition records --noevent omit event records --nostat omit statistic records --nosnap omit snapshot records --nomarker omit marker records --nokeyvalue omit key-value pairs --fullkeyvalue show key-value pairs including the contents of byte-arrays --procs <a> show only processes <a> <a> is a space-seperated list of process-tokens --records <a> show only records <a> <a> is a space-seperated list of record-type-numbers record-type-numbers can be found in OTF_Definitions.h (OTF_*_RECORD) -s, --silent do not display anything except the time otfdump needed to read the tracefile otfdump 1.10.2 May 2012 OTFDUMP(1)