Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create an 'uptime' graph? Post 302924377 by newbie_01 on Saturday 8th of November 2014 11:14:48 PM
Old 11-09-2014
How to create an 'uptime' graph?

Hi,

Can someone advise how to create an uptime graph? I want to create one for an Oracle database to be able to show how long it's been up for.

UNIX SA dont't want to install any database plugin that I can use. I am just looking for something 'simple' similar to Nagios/Cacti.

Not sure what information I should retrieve from the database except one that check whether it is up or not.

Any advise much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uptime

Hi Folks uptime 12:24pm up 2 days, 3:12, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 what does the load average figure mean.. regards Hrishy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting uptime

I'm trying to get the uptime of my computer (Mac OS X) and I can go into the terminal and type "uptime" OK, and that gives me a string with the uptime in it. The problem is that the string changes a lot, and its very difficult to get the data I'm trying to extract out cleanly. Now I have 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freefall
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uptime

On HP-UX, the 13th argument of uptime is sometime the load and sometime the word AVERAGE:??? 14 Jun 06 5:00pm up 44 days, 54 mins, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.03 14 Jun 06 5:15pm up 44 days, 1:09, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.01 When the time is in minutes, then the load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uptime

hello folks! how can I display just the uptime without the current time, the word "up", and the load averages using the uptime command or some other command I do not know about? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: MastaFue
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux rrdtool help create graph

I need some help with creating graphs using the rrdtool. I have never used it before. I installed by yum install rrdtool. Basically I have a txt file with these values 432 542 234 531 1004 Does anyone know the syntax of rrdtool to automatically take the values from the txt file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create graph with detail info

hey, i want to create a graph. The graph should show how many IPs are connected to a pool. But the graph should also show which IPs are connected. Does anyone know a tool which is able to do that? I already worked with PNP but I think this can't work because of rrd. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vostro
6 Replies

7. Linux

uptime options

Hi All is there a way that i can return uptime if the machine has been on for longer than 4 days thanks ab (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the uptime from the output of the uptime command

Hi! I want to extract the uptime from the output of the uptime command. The output: 11:53 up 3:02, 2 users, load averages: 0,32 0,34 0,43 I just need the "3:02" part. How can I do this? Dirk (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk Einecke
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Difference between uptime and who -b

Hi Folks, I have been checking on a redhat server for patching, when I tried the output for uptime and who -b both are not matching. I do not know the reason what happened and why it seems like this. Please assist someone and explain in detail. I would appreciate if I get the right... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
5 Replies

10. War Stories

Once upon an uptime.

Hi All, Having recently started a new job, a Data Center Migration in fact I have been tasked with looking at some of the older Solaris boxes when I came across this little gem. nismas# uname -a SunOS nismas 5.5.1 Generic_103640-27 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1 nismas# uptime 10:37am up 2900... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
Session::Store::Oracle(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Session::Store::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle - Store persistent data in a Oracle database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Oracle database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id varchar2(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session long To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id varchar2(32) not null primary key, a_session long ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> A fix for the commit policy was contributed by Michael Schout <mschout@gkg.net> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::Oracle(3)