Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass date to SQL server SP? Post 302924311 by DGPickett on Friday 7th of November 2014 04:33:42 PM
Old 11-07-2014
Usually, you choose a string format that is compatible, as passing binary date-time is a compiled code deal, not scripting. I like "YYYY-mm-dd HH:MM:SS.ssssss" but your SQL engine may vary. Sometimes you need a conversion tool like a CONVERT() function.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass multiple variables to SQL script

I am trying to close of multiple users in an Oracle database. Each users has records in multiple tables what I need to do is use a script that call each SQL seperately passing either CLI arguments or gathered arguments from the users during run time. ## Accept variable(s) from the command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variable to sql

Please help. I got these error. I'm try to pass variable extract from data-file.txt to sql file(select.sql). cat: cannot open select cat: cannot open * cat: cannot open from cat: cannot open user cat: cannot open where cat: cannot open name=$list; #!/bin/bash list=`sed q... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable to SQL script

Hi Guys, I like to pass a variable to a sql file in a unix script.. I tried a below code.. var=200903 db2 -vf test.sql 200903 test.sql is as below. select * from db2.users where quarter = $1; Please tell me where i go wrong.. Thanks in advance, Magesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the first date and last date of previous month

Hi All, I need to run a job every month at the beginning of the month which is scheduled through autosys, lets say on 03/01/2010. I need to pass the last month's i.e February's first_date = 02/01/2010 and last_date = 02/28/2010 as variables to a stored procedure. Can somebody please pass... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass value from unix shell to sql session?

Here is the situation, I have file from which I am reading records line by line. Based upon some condition I need to pass a field from a sql session to get some data from a table. I don't have any idea how to do it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass perl array to SQL oracle

Hello, Could someone please suggest if there is a way to pass an perl array(pass @v_array) to SQL as in below eg : #!/usr/bin/perl @v_array = (1,2,4,5,6,8); $db_userid = 'ni71/ni711'; $bufTPO = qx{ sqlplus -s << EOF $db_userid set verify off set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
1 Replies

7. Programming

pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell

Hi All , I am trying to pass a value from sqlplus to korn shell . There is a table tab1 in Oracle that has a column userdate. I need to pass the userdate to the korn shell . This is what I am doing . VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass string into sql query?

Hi Gurus, I have a request which needs to pass string into sql. dummy code as below: sqlplus -s user/password@instance << EOF >>output.txt set echo off head off feed off pagesize 0 trimspool on linesize 1000 colsep , select emp_no, emp_name from emp where emp_no in ('a', 'b', 'c'); exit;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file?

Hi, i wan't to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file. a.sql select $field from dual; the way i am calling this is through sqlplus field_name="sysdate" sqlplus -s username/password@hostname:port/servicename <<EOF @a.sql $field_name EOF (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To pass one month range in sql script

Hi Guys, i am having .sql script which inserts data from one table to another table based on date condition, i need to pass range on based on how many number of months, for e.g set timing on; whenever sqlerror exit failure; spool myscript.log append accept start_date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
7 Replies
HTTP::Date(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     HTTP::Date(3)

NAME
HTTP::Date - date conversion routines SYNOPSIS
use HTTP::Date; $string = time2str($time); # Format as GMT ASCII time $time = str2time($string); # convert ASCII date to machine time DESCRIPTION
This module provides functions that deal the date formats used by the HTTP protocol (and then some more). Only the first two functions, time2str() and str2time(), are exported by default. time2str( [$time] ) The time2str() function converts a machine time (seconds since epoch) to a string. If the function is called without an argument or with an undefined argument, it will use the current time. The string returned is in the format preferred for the HTTP protocol. This is a fixed length subset of the format defined by RFC 1123, represented in Universal Time (GMT). An example of a time stamp in this format is: Sun, 06 Nov 1994 08:49:37 GMT str2time( $str [, $zone] ) The str2time() function converts a string to machine time. It returns "undef" if the format of $str is unrecognized, otherwise whatever the "Time::Local" functions can make out of the parsed time. Dates before the system's epoch may not work on all operating systems. The time formats recognized are the same as for parse_date(). The function also takes an optional second argument that specifies the default time zone to use when converting the date. This parameter is ignored if the zone is found in the date string itself. If this parameter is missing, and the date string format does not contain any zone specification, then the local time zone is assumed. If the zone is not ""GMT"" or numerical (like ""-0800"" or "+0100"), then the "Time::Zone" module must be installed in order to get the date recognized. parse_date( $str ) This function will try to parse a date string, and then return it as a list of numerical values followed by a (possible undefined) time zone specifier; ($year, $month, $day, $hour, $min, $sec, $tz). The $year will be the full 4-digit year, and $month numbers start with 1 (for January). In scalar context the numbers are interpolated in a string of the "YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss TZ"-format and returned. If the date is unrecognized, then the empty list is returned ("undef" in scalar context). The function is able to parse the following formats: "Wed, 09 Feb 1994 22:23:32 GMT" -- HTTP format "Thu Feb 3 17:03:55 GMT 1994" -- ctime(3) format "Thu Feb 3 00:00:00 1994", -- ANSI C asctime() format "Tuesday, 08-Feb-94 14:15:29 GMT" -- old rfc850 HTTP format "Tuesday, 08-Feb-1994 14:15:29 GMT" -- broken rfc850 HTTP format "03/Feb/1994:17:03:55 -0700" -- common logfile format "09 Feb 1994 22:23:32 GMT" -- HTTP format (no weekday) "08-Feb-94 14:15:29 GMT" -- rfc850 format (no weekday) "08-Feb-1994 14:15:29 GMT" -- broken rfc850 format (no weekday) "1994-02-03 14:15:29 -0100" -- ISO 8601 format "1994-02-03 14:15:29" -- zone is optional "1994-02-03" -- only date "1994-02-03T14:15:29" -- Use T as separator "19940203T141529Z" -- ISO 8601 compact format "19940203" -- only date "08-Feb-94" -- old rfc850 HTTP format (no weekday, no time) "08-Feb-1994" -- broken rfc850 HTTP format (no weekday, no time) "09 Feb 1994" -- proposed new HTTP format (no weekday, no time) "03/Feb/1994" -- common logfile format (no time, no offset) "Feb 3 1994" -- Unix 'ls -l' format "Feb 3 17:03" -- Unix 'ls -l' format "11-15-96 03:52PM" -- Windows 'dir' format The parser ignores leading and trailing whitespace. It also allow the seconds to be missing and the month to be numerical in most formats. If the year is missing, then we assume that the date is the first matching date before current month. If the year is given with only 2 digits, then parse_date() will select the century that makes the year closest to the current date. time2iso( [$time] ) Same as time2str(), but returns a "YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss"-formatted string representing time in the local time zone. time2isoz( [$time] ) Same as time2str(), but returns a "YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ssZ"-formatted string representing Universal Time. SEE ALSO
"time" in perlfunc, Time::Zone COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1995-1999, Gisle Aas This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2012-03-30 HTTP::Date(3)