Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass date to SQL server SP? Post 302924311 by DGPickett on Friday 7th of November 2014 04:33:42 PM
Old 11-07-2014
Usually, you choose a string format that is compatible, as passing binary date-time is a compiled code deal, not scripting. I like "YYYY-mm-dd HH:MM:SS.ssssss" but your SQL engine may vary. Sometimes you need a conversion tool like a CONVERT() function.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass multiple variables to SQL script

I am trying to close of multiple users in an Oracle database. Each users has records in multiple tables what I need to do is use a script that call each SQL seperately passing either CLI arguments or gathered arguments from the users during run time. ## Accept variable(s) from the command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variable to sql

Please help. I got these error. I'm try to pass variable extract from data-file.txt to sql file(select.sql). cat: cannot open select cat: cannot open * cat: cannot open from cat: cannot open user cat: cannot open where cat: cannot open name=$list; #!/bin/bash list=`sed q... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable to SQL script

Hi Guys, I like to pass a variable to a sql file in a unix script.. I tried a below code.. var=200903 db2 -vf test.sql 200903 test.sql is as below. select * from db2.users where quarter = $1; Please tell me where i go wrong.. Thanks in advance, Magesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the first date and last date of previous month

Hi All, I need to run a job every month at the beginning of the month which is scheduled through autosys, lets say on 03/01/2010. I need to pass the last month's i.e February's first_date = 02/01/2010 and last_date = 02/28/2010 as variables to a stored procedure. Can somebody please pass... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass value from unix shell to sql session?

Here is the situation, I have file from which I am reading records line by line. Based upon some condition I need to pass a field from a sql session to get some data from a table. I don't have any idea how to do it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass perl array to SQL oracle

Hello, Could someone please suggest if there is a way to pass an perl array(pass @v_array) to SQL as in below eg : #!/usr/bin/perl @v_array = (1,2,4,5,6,8); $db_userid = 'ni71/ni711'; $bufTPO = qx{ sqlplus -s << EOF $db_userid set verify off set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
1 Replies

7. Programming

pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell

Hi All , I am trying to pass a value from sqlplus to korn shell . There is a table tab1 in Oracle that has a column userdate. I need to pass the userdate to the korn shell . This is what I am doing . VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass string into sql query?

Hi Gurus, I have a request which needs to pass string into sql. dummy code as below: sqlplus -s user/password@instance << EOF >>output.txt set echo off head off feed off pagesize 0 trimspool on linesize 1000 colsep , select emp_no, emp_name from emp where emp_no in ('a', 'b', 'c'); exit;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file?

Hi, i wan't to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file. a.sql select $field from dual; the way i am calling this is through sqlplus field_name="sysdate" sqlplus -s username/password@hostname:port/servicename <<EOF @a.sql $field_name EOF (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To pass one month range in sql script

Hi Guys, i am having .sql script which inserts data from one table to another table based on date condition, i need to pass range on based on how many number of months, for e.g set timing on; whenever sqlerror exit failure; spool myscript.log append accept start_date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
7 Replies
MSSQL_EXECUTE(3)														  MSSQL_EXECUTE(3)

mssql_execute - Executes a stored procedure on a MS SQL server database

SYNOPSIS
mixed mssql_execute (resource $stmt, [bool $skip_results = false]) DESCRIPTION
Executes a stored procedure on a MS SQL server database PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Statement handle obtained with mssql_init(3). o $skip_results - Whenever to skip the results or not. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_execute(3) example <?php // Create a new statement $stmt = mssql_init('NewBlogEntry'); // Some data strings $title = 'Test of blogging system'; $content = 'If you can read this, then the new system is compatible with MSSQL'; // Bind values mssql_bind($stmt, '@author', 'Felipe Pena', SQLVARCHAR, false, false, 60); mssql_bind($stmt, '@date', '08/10/2008', SQLVARCHAR, false, false, 20); mssql_bind($stmt, '@title', $title, SQLVARCHAR, false, false, 60); mssql_bind($stmt, '@content', $content, SQLTEXT); // Execute the statement mssql_execute($stmt); // And we can free it like so: mssql_free_statement($stmt); ?> NOTES
Note If the stored procedure returns parameters or a return value these will be available after the call to mssql_execute(3) unless the stored procedure returns more than one result set. In that case use mssql_next_result(3) to shift through the results. When the last result has been processed the output parameters and return values will be available. SEE ALSO
mssql_bind(3), mssql_free_statement(3), mssql_init(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_EXECUTE(3)